Maude Barlow "is the National Chairperson of the Council of Canadians, Canada’s largest public advocacy organization, and the founder of the Blue Planet Project working internationally for the right to water. She serves on the boards of the International Forum on Globalization and Food and Water Watch and is a Councillor with the Hamburg-based World Future Council.
"Maude is the recipient of six honorary doctorates as well as the 2005 Right Livelihood Award (known as the “Alternative Nobel”) and the best selling author or co-author of 16 books. Her latest are Too Close for Comfort: Canada’s Future within Fortress North America and Blue Covenant: The Global Water Crisis and the Coming Battle for the Right to Water." 
- Advisory Board, People-Centered Development Forum 
- Former Scholar, Institute for Policy Studies
- Winner of the Lannan Foundation Cultural Freedom Fellowship 
- Take Back the Nation (with Bruce Campbell) – Key Porter Books, Toronto (1992)
- Take Back the Nation 2 (with Bruce Campbell) – Key Porter Books, Toronto (1993)
- Class Warfare: The Assault on Canada’s Schools (with Heather-Jane Robertson) – Key Porter Books, Toronto (1994)
- Straight through the Heart: How the Liberals Abandoned the Just Society (with Bruce Campbell) – Harper Collins, Toronto (1995)
- The Big Black Book: The Essential Views of Conrad and Barbara Amiel Black (with Jim Winter) – Stoddart, Toronto (1997)
- MAI: The Multilateral Agreement on Investment and the Threat to Canadian Sovereignty (with Tony Clarke) – Stoddart (1997)
- The Fight of My Life: Confessions of an Unrepentant Canadian – Harper Collins, Toronto (1998)
- Frederick Street: Life and Death on Canada’s Love Canal (with Elizabeth May) – Harper Collins, Toronto (2000)
- Global Showdown: How the New Activists Are Fighting Global Corporate Rule (with Tony Clarke) – Stoddart, Toronto (2001) *Blue Gold: The Battle Against Corporate Theft of the World’s Water (with Tony Clarke) - Stoddart, Toronto (2002)
- Profit Is Not the Cure: A Citizen’s Guide to Saving Medicare – McCelland & Stewart, Toronto (2002)
- Too Close For Comfort; Canada’s Future Within Fortress North America – McClelland & Stewart, Toronto (2005)
- Blue Covenant: The Global Water Crisis and the Fight for the Right to Water – McClelland & Stewart, Toronto (October 16, 2007)
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Maude Barlow, Council of Canadians, accessed December 20, 2007.
- Directors, People-Centered Development Forum, accessed December 20, 2007.
- Cultural Freedom Awards, Lannan Foundation, accessed December 10, 2008.