Metal Storm Limited
Metal Storm Limited is a weapons manufacturer based in Brisbane, Australia. Among the various weapons it is working on, is a weapon that fires bullets at a high rate of speed, theoretically, more than a million bullets a minute. Multiple barrels are used and the bullets are stacked in each barrel one after another. The video shows prototypes firing for just a fraction of a second at high speeds. Video. 
"The Company is capturing attention from defence organisations worldwide with its revolutionary 100% electronic ballistics technology, which has no known conventional equivalent. Metal Storm currently has approximately US$50 million in research and development funding in place to develop its technology from leading government defence-related agencies in Australia and the United States. Additionally, the company is well positioned to support the U.S. government's more urgent homeland defense needs. Recently, the U.S. Department of Defense has accelerated the programs under development as it strengthens its counter-terrorism capabilities."
Metal Storm Limited is "an electronic ballistics technology company based in Brisbane, Australia with an office in Washington DC in the United States. Established in 1994, the company owns the proprietary rights to revolutionary 100% electronic ballistics technology, which is being developed in collaboration with US and Australian defence bodies, and some of the world's leading scientific research organisations. The total of committed and proposed research and development funding of the technology by various government agencies exceeds AU$100 million.
"Metal Storm technology, invented by Mike O'Dwyer, the company's founder and Director of Scientific Innovation, represents a quantum leap from conventional ballistics systems, achieves firing rates from conventionally slow to unprecedented rates in excess of a million rounds per minute, and offers highly strategic application across a broad range of defence and commercial end uses.
"Metal Storm's overriding goal is to expedite the commercialisation of its technology, with a specific focus on several highly prospective civil and military applications."
In November 2007 it was reported that: "Metal Storm Limited (NASDAQ: MTSX) (ASX: MST) is pleased to announce that Metal Storm Inc has executed a Memorandum of Understanding with iRobot Corp. (NASDAQ: IRBT). The agreement establishes a framework for collaboration and outlines the companies' plans for the joint pursuit of opportunities within the Global Defense and Security sectors." 
Key executives: 
- Terence J. O'Dwyer, Executive Chairman
- Lee Finniear, Chief Executive Officer
- Ian A. Gillespie, Chief Operating Officer
"Metal Storm continues to build its strategic presence in the US and strengthen already established relationships at a senior level within government and defence circles. Contributing to that effort has been the company's highly experienced and respected US directors, Admiral William A. Owens (US Navy retired), General Wayne A. Downing (US Army retired), Lieutenant General Daniel W. Christman (US Army retired). Dr Daniel L. Alspach joined the board in August 2003," the Metal Storm website states.
- Chairman, Admiral William Arthur Owens (US Navy retired)
- Non-Executive Director, Dr. Daniel L. Alspach
- Non-Executive Director, Lieutenant General Daniel William Christman (US Army retired)
- Non-Executive Director, Kevin John Dart
- Non-Executive Director, General Wayne A. Downing (US Army retired)
- Executive Director, James Michael O'Dwyer
- Company Secretary, Sylvie Moser-Savage
"The Board has been particularly diligent in safeguarding the vast intellectual property value of the company's technology by seeking patent protection both in Australia and likely overseas markets."
Key relationships include: 
- American Defense International
- American Ordnance
- Defence Science & Technology Organisation (Australia)
- Defense Technologies (BAE)
- Dragonfly Pictures
- EH Group
- Electro Optic Systems Limited
- Foster Miller
- J.H. Northrop & Associates
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
- Northrop Grumman
- Singapore Technologies Kinetics
GPO Box 128
Richlands Qld 4077
Phone: +61 7 3123 4700
Fax: +61 7 3217 0811
4350 N Fairfax Drive
Arlington VA 22203
Phone: +1 703 248 8218
Fax: +1 703 248 8263
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Enhanced Blast Weapon
- military-industrial complex
- StratCom International, Inc.
- George L. Bergeron III
- David A. Smith
- James D. MacDonald
- ↑ Metal Storm Profile, Hoovers, accessed November 2007.
- ↑ Alliances, MetalStorm.com, November 2002.
- ↑ MetalStorm.com website.
- ↑ Metal Storm and iRobot Enter Into a Cooperative Memorandum of Understanding, Market Wire, accessed May 29, 2008.
- ↑ Metal Storm lobbying expenses, Open Secrets, accessed November 2007.
- ↑ Metal Storm Key people, Hoovers, accessed November 2007.
- ↑ Partners, Metal Storm Limited, accessed May 29, 2008.
- David Crane, "Metal Storm Limited CEO's Update", Defense Review, March 31, 2007.
- "Metal Storm Products Attract Attention at Major US Army Exhibition", CNN Money, October 17, 2007.
- Metal Storm in the Wikipedia.