Michele Lynn Ballarin
Michele Lynn Ballarin (aka Michele Lynn Golden-Ballarin) is President and CEO of Select Armor, Inc. She also runs Cambridge Wealth Management Ltd. (aka Cambridge Asset Management), a horse training and breeding business, and offers her services in the Middleburg, VA area as a real estate agent.
The fact that Michele Ballarin and Michele Golden-Ballarin are the same person is established beyond doubt by the WHOIS record for Cambridge Wealth Management Ltd. The domain is registered to Michele Golden-Ballarin, at the same postal box used by Select Armor (whose CEO is Michele Ballarin).
A private military corp CEO praises "a gentler way of going about living"
Ballarin features in a 1997 article about Washington's snobby Green Book:
- "We are very, very pleased," said Michele Golden-Ballarin, 42, who with her husband was finally listed in the 1998 edition after sponsoring polo parties for years from their home in Middleburg, Va. "It's wonderful to be cross-referenced with our friends and neighbors ... and supporters of equine sports."
- Golden-Ballarin and her husband, who runs a private club in Georgetown, live in the mansion once owned by Civil War Gen. Turner Ashby -- a man so well-behaved around company he was dubbed the "Knight of the Confederacy." Golden-Ballarin wouldn't mind a few more Ashbys in the world, and says the Green Book is a testament to them. "The book symbolizes old ways of doing things which have really rattled against change," she said. "It symbolizes a gentler way of going about living."
- ^ 2008 Fauquier County Farm Product Directory: Horses/Horse Services, Department of Agricultural Development, Fauquier County, Virginia, May 16, 2007.
- ^ Cambridge Asset Management listing, Venture Capital Marketplace (v-capital.com) website. Archived in the Internet Archive.
- ^ WHOIS record for cambridgeltd.com. Accessed November 29, 2008.
- ^ Listing for Michele Golden-Ballarin, EBSA Investment Advisors Search, U.S. Department of Labor website. Filed March 9, 2000.
- ^ Middleburg, VA Real Estate Professionals: Michele L Ballarin, IQRealestate.com. Undated, accessed September 17, 2006.
- ^ Ellen Gamerman, "To know if you're anybody, check the list. Society: In Washington, the snobby old Green Book is relished as a throwback to less-tacky times", The Baltimore Sun, October 22, 1997. Payment req'd.
- Martha Raddatz and Richard Coolidge, "U.S. Woman Negotiating With Somali Pirates: Virginia Businesswoman Michele Ballarin Returned Just Last Week From Somalia", ABC News' (US), November 27, 2008