Morgantown Energy Facility is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Dominion in Morgantown, West Virginia. The plant supplies steam to West Virginia University, and supplies electricity both to the university and to other customers. The plant was built in 1991, and runs on "gob" (waste) coal.
- Owner: Morgantown Energy Associates
- Parent Company: Dominion
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 68.9 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 68.9 MW (1991)
- Location: 555 Beechurst Ave., Morgantown, WV 26505 (about 1/4 mile NW of WVU campus)
- GPS Coordinates: 39.639998, -79.961394
- Electricity Production: 422,909 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 652,572 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 850 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 4.02 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 932 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- ↑ U.S. Environmental Protection Agency letter, date unknown.
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles