Ohio News Network (TV Station)
|Fake TV News: A CMD Special Report|
|This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's special report, Fake TV News: Widespread and Undisclosed.
Click here to read the report summary.
Ohio News Network is a Columbus, Ohio cable television station.
Use of Video News Releases and/or Satellite Media Tours
Response to Report
The Columbus Dispatch reported: 
- ONN News Director Greg Fisher acknowledged using the video news release, and said, "There should have been proper disclosure on the screen."
- Although such materials can have a place when used appropriately, Fisher said, the cable-news network's policy is not to use them without informing viewers of the source.
- "It is worth noting that the information did air on a lifestyle, non-news portion of a program called Technology Tuesday," he added. "But, again, we should have been employing proper disclosure on screen."
The Ohio News Network
770 Twin Rivers Drive
Columbus, OH 43215
- Audio news releases
- Brand Hype
- Branded Entertainment
- Media releases
- Satellite Media Tours
- Radio Media Tours
- Public Service Announcements
- Video news releases: PR for California's Schwarzenegger administration
- Diane Farsetta and Daniel Price, "Fake TV News: Widespread and Undisclosed: A multimedia report on television newsrooms' use of material provided by PR firms on behalf of paying clients", Center for Media and Democracy, April 6, 2006.
- Tim Feran, "Newscasts take flak for flackery: Corporate ‘news’ releases shown without attribution by ONN, WSYX, report says," The Columbus Dispatch (Ohio), April 11, 2006.