|This profile of a former 2008 candidate for California's U.S. congressional district 41 is part of the "Wiki the Vote" project.|
|See all the California members of Congress, candidates and blogs at the California portal.|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Pat Meagher was a Democratic candidate in the 2008 congressional elections for the 41st Congressional District (map) of California. He was seeking the Democratic nomination to challenge incumbent Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-Calif.).
Positions, record and controversies
It Is a Matter of Priorities
While Jerry Lewis has spent his time insuring that children of the 41s Congressional District have nice soccer parks to play in, I will spend my time insuring that those children have an adequate education, that they all have health insurance, that they don’t have to go fight a war in Iraq or Iran, that they are not taxed for the rest of their lives because of the economic policies that they will inherit from Jerry Lewis.
Lewis has made the acquisition of earmarks a priority in his tenure. I will make a priority of representing the will and the needs of the members of the 41st Congressional District on policies like immigration, drug prevention, education, the environment, health care, and the preservation of peace in this world.
What is at stake in this election is fundamentally what a representative is all about. Should our representative be all about which pork barrel project he can direct to our district, or should his focus be on how to better the everyday lives of its citizens through sound domestic policies and global issues.
Meagher will be appearing:
- Jan. 10th, 2008 7:00 pm at the Foothill Democratic Club (Mark Westwood, President)
- Jan. 19th, 2008 1:00 pm at a regular meeting for the Redlands Democratic Club (Gene Hines, President)
- Jan. 24th, 2008 7:00 pm at the San Bernadino County Democratic Central Committee (Carol Robb, President)
- Feb. 6th, 2008 7:00 pm at the Easy Valley Democrats (David Howie, President)
- Nov. 7, 2007 6:00 pm. Evening with Col. Ann Wright and Pat Meagher at the Carriage House in Prospect Park, Redlands, Ca
- Nov. 10, 2007 1:00 pm. Yucaipa Cailmesa Democratic Club (Arthur Bravo Guerro, President), Citi bank Yucaipa, 34580 Yucaipa Blvd., Yucaipa, Ca.
- Oct. 10, 2007 4:30 pm. Tea for Nancy Ruth White (Corla Coles hosting). 610 Orchard, Redlands, Ca.
- Nov. 10, 2007 8:30 am. Mojave Democratic Club (Larry D. Halstead, President), Quigly's Restraunt - Outlet Center Drive, Barstow Ca.
- Nov. 17 , 2007 10:00 am. Adelanto Victorville Democratic Club (Mike Curran, President), Lil Bit Country Cafe, 14335 Hesperia Rd., Victorville.
- Nov. 21, 2007 6:30 pm. Pass Democratic Club (Jackie Atwood, President), CT Panda's Rest., 1306 Sixth St., Baumont Ca.
- Dec. 1, 2007 11:00 am. San Bernardino YMCA Christmas Parade. 6th and E St. San Bernardino.
- Dec. 1, 2007 6:00 pm, Redlands Christmas Parade. Eureka and Citrus to 8th then West on East State st. to Redlands Blvd. Redlands.
- Dec. 3, 2007 7:00 pm. Inland Counties Stonewall Group. Coco's Rest. Highland Ave. Highland, Calif.
- Dec. 12, 2007 7:00 pm. Foothill Regional Alliance Democratic Club, Movane Community Center (Mark Westwood, President). 860 Gilbert St. San Bernardino Ca.
- Jan. 4th, 2008 12:00 pm at the Democratic Luncheon Club (Nancy Ruth White, President)
- Jan. 8th, 2008 6:30 pm at the Big Bear Valley Democratic Club (David Foltz, President)
Like many of us in California, Patrick Meagher came here from somewhere else - he was born in Detroit and raised in Indiana. But he has lived in the Golden State since 1985 and knows well its people and the issues they face.
He is married to Trish Meagher and is the father of nine children, ranging in age from 8 to 30; seven of them are adopted. Pat has a B.S. and M.A. from Ball State University in Indiana; he has also attended Purdue University, UCLA, and the University of La Verne. He and his family live in Forest Falls.
A lifelong Democrat despite having been raised in a Republican household in a red state, he was campaign coordinator in an Indiana state Senate race in 1984. He has also been the chairperson of a Political Action Committee. A solid supporter of workers and their rights, he has been active in the teachers' union, including being a regional chair. Standing up for what's right isn't just a recent move by Pat; even in college, he was a student senator and chairman of the off-campus student association.
Pat Meagher is an innovator, a self-starter and a motivator, and anyone who has met him knows he is a man of tireless energy. He's as skilled at dealing with people as he is with organizations and finances. His friends and colleagues in education and the community call him impeccably trustworthy, responsible and knowledgeable.
As principal of Fontana Adult School since 2003, he has raised student achievement by 645%, increased enrollment from 2,100 students to 5,800, increased the school's federal revenue 525%, and obtained the highest possible regional accreditation.
Pat Meagher has honed and proved his strengths time and again over more than 20 years of work in Southern California. Now, let him put them to even better use for you -- as your representative in Washington.
Achievements and awards
- Children’s Fund “Santa of the Year”
- PTSA Outstanding Teacher Award
- ISTA Communications Awards winner
- 1983 Best Total Communications Program, Best Internal Editorial Award
- 1982 Best Total Communications Program Award
- Published “Using PR in the Classroom” ISTA Advocate, May, 1983
Money in politics
- FEC (Federal Elections Commission)# : H8CA41113
- Pat Meagher for Congress Campaign Committee ID#: C00439497
Committees and affiliations
More background data
Pat Meagher for Congress
- P.O. Box 620
- Forest Falls, CA 92339-0620
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- 2008 U.S. congressional elections
- Portal:California and the U.S. Congress