Piney Creek Power Plant
Piney Creek Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by American Consumer Industries near Clarion, Pennsylvania.
- Owner: Colmac Clarion Inc.
- Parent Company: American Consumer Industries
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 36.2 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 36.2 MW (1992)
- Location: 428 Power Ln., Clarion, PA 16214
- GPS Coordinates: 41.176498, -79.441377
- Electricity Production: 267,275 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 247,086 tons (2000)
- SO2 Emissions: 963 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 7,21 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 221 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|