Prince Bandar bin Sultan
Prince Bandar bin Sultan, Saudi Arabia's "veteran ambassador to the United States, has resigned 'for private reasons,' the Saudi Foreign Ministry" said Wednesday, July 20, 2005. "Bandar, who served in Washington for more than 20 years and had close ties with several U.S. presidents, will be replaced by Prince Turki al-Faisal, the former intelligence chief who is currently ambassador to London," according to Reuters News Service. 
"Ask the White House"
"Good afternoon. I am His Royal Highness Prince Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud. I serve America in the important dual role of longtime Bush family investor and official spokesman for the dictatorial Islamist monarchy that produced Osama bin Laden and fifteen of the nineteen 9/11 hijackers. As a regular overnight guest in both the White House and Bush private residences in Crawford and Kennebunkport, I take great pains to selflessly dictate the President's thinking on American policy matters large and small – and have been a particularly valuable advisor in the war against eroding petroleum profits." White House, July 16, 2004.
Resources and articles
- Bandar bin Sultan in the Wikipedia.
- Matthew Davis, "Profile: Prince Bandar," BBC, June 29, 2005 (last update).
- Prince Bandar Biography. His Royal Highness Prince Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud, Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, Washington, DC, website; accessed July 22, 2005.
- Elsa Walsh, "The Prince," Saudi-US Relations Information Service, March 24, 2003.
- "Prince Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdulazia Al-Saud, Executive Policy Advisor to the President," "Ask the White House" (White House website), July 16, 2004.
- "Saudi envoy to U.S. offers resignation. Prince Bandar's health problems, including depression, are blamed," NBC News, June 27, 2005.
- "Veteran Saudi ambassador to U.S. resigns. Former intelligence chief due to replace Prince Bandar in Washington," Reuters, July 20, 2005.
- Lee Keath, "Longest-Serving Saudi Ambassador Resigns," Associated Press, July 20, 2005.
- Spencer Ackerman, "Crooked Bank May Be Tie Between Prince Bandar, Big Defense Contractor," TPMmuckraker, June 12, 2007.
- Paul Kiel, "Guardian: DoJ to Investigate Bandar Payments," TPMmuckraker, June 14, 2007.
- Spencer Ackerman, "DoJ Opens Investigation Into Bandar Payments, Others," TPMmuckraker, June 15, 2007.
- Spencer Ackerman, "Defense Company Paid For Bandar's Daughter's Honeymoon," TPMmuckraker, June 18, 2007.
- Spencer Ackerman, "How Many Investigations Into Bandar's Favorite Defense Firm?" TPMmuckraker, June 19, 2007.