Raigarh TRN Power Project
The Raigarh Power Project is a proposed 600 megawatt coal-fired power station currently being developed by ACB (India) Ltd. in Chhattisgarh in India.
The map below shows the approximate location of Nawapara village, Raigarh district, but not the exact location of the project.
The project is sponsored by ACB (India) Ltd. On its website in 2011, the company stated that the first 300MW unit will be commissioned is September 2013 and the second unit is December 2013. The proposed power station would be located at Nawapara Village in the Raigarh district, Chhattisgarh in India.
The project has received environmental clearance and has made an agreement with South Eastern Coalfields Ltd for coal. In November 2011, the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contract was awarded to BGR Energy Systems.
A 2013 ACB (India) report lists the plant as under construction and planned for commissioning in FY 2014-5. The report states 390 MW will be sold to PTC India through a long term PPA. About 5% of the power will be sold to Chhattisgarh state power utility.
Sponsor: TRN Energy Private Limited, a subsidiary of ACB (India)
Location: Nawapara village, Raigarh district, Chhattisgarh
Coordinates: 21.945275,83.286295 (approximate)
Capacity: 600 MW (2 x 300 MW)
Projected in service: 2015-2016
Coal Source: South Eastern Coalfields Ltd
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
MoEF permits: Environmental clearance, India MoEF, March 18, 2011
Resources and articles
- ACB India, "600 MW Power Plant, Raigarh, Chhattisgarh", ACB (India) website, accessed November 2011.
- "BGR to construct Nawapara plant," Project Monitor, November 11, 2011
- Investment report, ACB (India) Limited, Jan 30, 2013
- ACB India, "600 MW Power Plant, Raigarh, Chhattisgarh", ACB (India) website, accessed March 2015
- ACB India, "600 MW Power Plant, Raigarh, Chhattisgarh", ACB (India) website, accessed Sep 2016