Richard L. Plepler "is executive vice president for Home Box Office. Home Box Office, Inc., is the premium television-programming subsidiary of Time Warner Inc., providing two 24-hour premium television services, HBO and Cinemax. Together, both networks reach approximately 40 million subscribers in the United States via cable and satellite delivery. Home Box Office's international joint ventures bring HBO branded services to more than 50 countries around the globe.
"Plepler serves on the boards of Phoenix House, the nation’s largest drug treatment center, New York Outward Bound and the Nixon Center, a foreign policy think tank based in Washington D.C. He is a member of the Board of Trustees of The Washington Institute for Near East Policy and is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, where he serves on the Chairman’s Advisory Council. He is on the Corporate Advisory Board of the Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS, on the National Advisory Board of the W.E.B. DuBois Institute for African and African American Research at Harvard University, and is a member of the Dean’s Council of the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard." 
- Advisory Committee, FilmAid International
- Planning Committee, International Freedom Center
- Trustee, Asia Society 
- Advisory Board, Women's Voices. Women Vote 
- National Advisory Board, W.E.B. Du Bois Institute 
- Advisory Board, Global Business Coalition 
- Advisory Board, Creative Coalition 
Resources and articles
- ↑ Keynote Speakers, Business Today, accessed July 8, 2007.
- ↑ Steve Donohue, Time Warner Names Nelson HBO CEO, Multichannel News, 6/5/2007.
- ↑ ASIA SOCIETY BOARD OF TRUSTEES ELECTS EIGHT NEW DISTINGUISHED MEMBERS, Asia Society, accessed July 30, 2007.
- ↑ Board and Bios, Women's Voices. Women Vote, accessed July 8, 2007.
- ↑ National Advisory Board, W.E.B. Du Bois Institute, accessed August 7, 2009.
- ↑ Staff, Global Business Coalition, accessed November 3, 2009.
- ↑ Advisory Board, The Creative Coalition, accessed November 29, 2011.