|This is a profile of a U.S. Representative. (See the Utah portal for all incumbents, candidates and blogs.)|
Record and controversies
For more information on environmental legislation, see the Energy and Environment Policy Portal
Bishop was born July 13, 1951 in Kaysville, Utah and received a B.A. from the University of Utah in Salt Lake City in 1974. He was a teacher and a legislative lobbyist, and a member of the Utah state assembly from 1979 until 1995. He was speaker of the assembly from 1992 until 1994. Bishop was first elected to Congress in 2002 and reelected in 2004.
"Rob has worked at nearly every level of the Republican party, from precinct chair to member of the Republican National Committee, and has spent years working in every corner of this District. He has gone from Vice-Chair of the Davis County Teenage Republicans in 1968 to the advisor of the Utah Teenage Republicans in 1996. In 1997, he was elected Chairman of the Utah Republican Party. He served for two terms."
Land Use "I am committed to helping Congress strike a balance for wise management of our public lands. Protecting private property rights and our Western way of life are goals I have as we begin our work on this Committee. I am confident that the principles of multiple-use and protecting our environment can go hand-in-hand." 
Taxes "I firmly believe that the best way to stimulate our economy and create jobs is to let hard-working Americans keep more of their money - after all, the money belongs to them, not to Washington." 
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases. <crpcontribdata>cid=N00025292&cycle=2006</crpcontribdata>
|Links to more campaign contribution information for Rob Bishop
from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org site.
|Fundraising profile:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by organization/corporation:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by industry:||2006 election cycle||Career totals|
- Revolving door profile for Rob Bishop from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- 2006 privately funded travel profile for Rob Bishop from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- Personal finance profile for Rob Bishop from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
Committees and Affiliations
- House Committee on Education and Labor
- Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary and Secondary Education
- House Committee on Armed Services
- Subcommittee on Air and Land Forces
- Subcommittee on Readiness
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- Subcommitee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands, Ranking Member
Committee assignments in the 109th Congress (2005-2006)
More Background Data
District Office- Brigham City:
6 North Main Street
Brigham City, UT 84302
District Office- Ogden:
324 25th Street, Suite 1017
Ogden, UT 84401
District Office- Salt Lake City:
2001 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84190
Articles and resources
- Official website
- Technorati Search: Rob Bishop
- Google News Search: Rob Bishop
- Yahoo! News Search: Rob Bishop
- Power Trips: How much did Rob Bishop travel?
- GovTrack Statistics: Rob Bishop
- Open Secrets - 2006 congressional races database
Local blogs and discussion sites
- Bishop 'pumped up' over his House service in first term by Josh Loftin, Deseret Morning News, 10/11/04.
- Legacy Effort Fails by Leigh Dethman, Deseret Morning News, 7/29/05.
|Current Office: U.S. House of Representatives|
Ranking Member On:
Ranking Member On:
|Committees: House Committee on Armed Services, House Committee on Armed Services/Subcommittee on Air and Land Forces, House Committee on Armed Services/Subcommittee on Readiness, House Committee on Education and Labor, House Committee on Education and Labor/Subcommittee on Early Childhood Elementary and Secondary Education, House Committee on Natural Resources, House Committee on Natural Resources/Subcommittee on National Parks Forests and Public Lands|
|First Elected to Current Office:
November 5, 2002
|First Took Current Office:
January 3, 2003
November 2, 2010
|Previous Political Work?
Utah House of Representatives
|Other Party Membership:|
|Zip Code Affiliations:|
Date of Birth: July 13, 1951