Robert B. "Buzz" Patterson
This article is part of the Center for Media & Democracy's focus on the fallout of nuclear "spin."
Lt. Col. Robert B. "Buzz" Patterson U.S. Air Force (Ret.) is Chief Operating Officer of the David Horowitz Freedom Center and a member of the Board of Directors of Move America Forward (MAF). Patterson hosts The Buzz Cut, a weekly radio program on RighTalk.com and writes The Buzz Cut, a regular column "carried by the conservative national newsweekly, Human Events."  In October 2007, IRN, the "Intel Radio Network," announced that Buzz Patterson would be co-hosting their "Outside the Wire" show, which the IRN press release stated "is aired on 40 stations nationwide." 
Patterson was a member of the "outing" which "brought right-wing talk-show hosts to Iraq" in 2005 to "tell 'the good news that the old-line liberal news media won't tell you about"—and which was the creation of the Republican Party-affiliated public relations firm Russo Marsh & Rogers (RM+R), Aaron Glantz wrote July 31, 2006, for Inter Press News Service. The "tour" was "sponsored by the newly created Office of Media Outreach, a taxpayer-funded publicity arm of the Department of Defense," Marie Therese reported for News Hounds.
According to his MAF bio, "Lt. Col. Buzz Patterson is the author of two New York Times best selling books, Dereliction of Duty: The Eyewitness Account of How Bill Clinton Compromised Americaâ??s National Security and his recently completed Reckless Disregard: How Liberal Democrats Undercut Our Military, Endanger Our Soldiers, and Jeopardize Our Security, which was released in July 2004." Both books were published by Regnery Publishing.
"Patterson served 20 years on active duty in the military with distinction and saw tours of duty as an Air Force pilot during combat operations in Grenada, Somalia, Rwanda, Haiti, and Bosnia.
"From 1996 to 1998, Colonel Patterson was the Senior Military Aide to President Bill Clinton. During that time he was responsible for the Presidentâ??s Emergency Satchel, otherwise known as the 'Nuclear Football', the black bag with the nationâ??s nuclear capability that accompanies the president at all times. In addition, Colonel Patterson was operational commander for all military units assigned to the White House, to include Air Force One, Marine One, Camp David, White House Transportation Agency and White House Mess." 
- Cyrus Nowrasteh
- Move America Forward
- Swift Boat Veterans for Truth
- "The Path to 9/11" (2006 Docudrama)
- ↑ Press release, "IRN Adds Coveted Military Correspondent Lt Colonel Buzz Patterson to Outside the Wire's Weekly Arsenal!," IRN via MensNewsDaily.com, October 23, 2007.
- Bio for Lt. Col. Buzz Patterson at Move America Forward.
By Buzz Patterson
- Archived articles by Buzz Patterson at Human Events Online.
Articles & Commentary
- "Lt. Col. (Ret.) Patterson gets a 'Buzz' out of distorting Kerry's record," Media Matters for America, July 21, 2004.
- Kelley Beaucar Vlahos, "Critics Call Radio Hosts' Trip Propaganda Mission," Fox News, July 6, 2005.
- "Limbaugh, Patterson made false claims about Clinton's meetings with Tenet and Woolsey," Media Matters for America, August 22, 2005.
- Chad Groening, "Retired AF Pilot Upset About Media Focus on Military's Iran Plans," AgapePress, April 19, 2006.
- Chad Groening (Jenni Parker, Comp.), "Commentary & News Briefs," AgapePress, August 22, 2006. Scroll down to article re wiretapping.
- Chad Groening (Jenni Parker, Comp.), "Commentary & News Briefs," AgapePress, August 25, 2006. Scroll down to article re Israel Defense Forces.
- Amanda Terkel, "Conservative Author Richard Miniter: 'Thereâ??s Zero Factual Basis' For Key Scene In Path To 9/11," Think Progress, September 7, 2006. See comments.
- Art Moore, "Clinton aide says 9/11 film 'correct'. Producer consulted with military attachÃ© who saw aborted attacks on bin Laden," WorldNetDaily, September 8, 2006.
- Bob Parks, "The Path To 9/11 Is Down Sandyâ??s Pants," BlogWonks/MensNewsDaily.com, September 10, 2006.
- Max Blumenthal, "The Swift Boat Connection of ABC's 9/11 Deception," The Huffington Post, September 12, 2006.
- Chad Groening, "Former Clinton Aide Critical of Attempts to Shut Down ABCs 911 Special," WDC Media News (AgapePress), September 12, 2006.
- Art Moore, "Path to 9/11 producer sees ABC 'victory'. Says controversial film maintained message amid unprecedented pressure," WorldNetDaily, September 12, 2006.