Robert B. Bluey
Robert B. Bluey is director of the Center for Media and Public Policy at the conservative Heritage Foundation think tank, contributing editor of "the daily online edition of Human Events, the oldest conservative weekly print publication in the United States", a contributor to the "prominent conservative" blogs RedState, Human Events Online's The Right Angle Blog, and RobertBluey.com.
"Bluey was among a select group of bloggers invited to the White House in September 2006 for the bill signing ceremony for the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act, legislation that won passage thanks to a public educational effort by bloggers. He participated in CNN's Election Night Blog Party in November 2006. He frequently speaks on panels about blogging and online journalism. Bluey is a coordinator for the Open House Project, an effort to increase government transparency.
"Prior to joining Heritage in 2007, Bluey served as Editor of HumanEvents.com, which he transformed into a popular destination for conservative journalism. He was named editor of the Web site in November 2005 after spending a year as assistant editor and later managing editor of Human Events' print edition.
"Bluey also worked at Cybercast News Service, where he was the first journalist to report on the forged CBS documents on President Bush's National Guard service. He covered the Republican and Democratic conventions in 2004.
"He grew up in upstate New York and graduated from Ithaca College, where he edited the college's award-winning newspaper, The Ithacan. He remains closely involved with his alma mater, serving on its Alumni Association Board of Directors. During his college years, he worked for the Clinton Courier, Traverse Record-Eagle and The Los Angeles Times. After college, he was awarded a year-long fellowship at the Student Press Law Center in Arlington, Va."
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- ↑ Robert B. Bluey in the Wikipedia.
- ↑ RightAngle Blog.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Staff: Robert B. Bluey, Heritage Foundation.
- ↑ Transcript: DoD Bloggers Roundtable with Alan Liotta, Principal Director for the Office of Detainee Affairs, via teleconference from the Pentagon, June 26, 2007.
- sailerfraud, "Ann Coulter's Plagiarism Story: Part 1," Steve Sailer Sucks Blogspot, August 2, 2006. re Ann Coulter
- "Human Events’ Coulter Cover-up Continues: Editor Outs Ann Coulter, by Dan Borchers," LydiaCornell.com, August 2, 2006.
- William Beutler, "Let The Eagle Soar: Behind The RedState Acquisition," Blog P.I., January 17, 2007.
- "Know Your Young Republican Pundits: Robert Bluey," Urabaniak/Live Journal, July 7, 2007.
- Joe Garofoli, "Pundits, bloggers go wild over Rove's resignation," San Francisco Chronicle, August 14, 2007. re Karl Rove
Articles by Robert B. Bluey
- Robert B. Bluey publications at the Heritage Foundation.
- Robert B. Bluey bio and articles archive, Human Events Online.
- Articles archive, The Conservative Voice.
- "Bloggers affect change in politics and policy," The Ithican Online, February 1, 2007.
- "Do-Nothing? You Know-Nothing. What John McCain isn’t telling you about the immigration bill," National Review Online, June 7, 2007.
- "Veterans’ Groups Prepare for Battle on Capitol Hill," Townhall.com, August 19, 2007. re Vets for Freedom and VoteVets.org