Rosebud Power Plant
Rosebud Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Colstrip Energy LP near Colstrip, Montana. The plant burns waste coal from the Rosebud coal mine.
- Owner: Colstrip Energy LP
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 41.5 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 41.5 MW (1990)
- Location: 18 Snider Subdivision Rd., Colstrip, MT 59323
- GPS Coordinates: 45.975156, -106.655244
- Electricity Production: 304,923 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 433,622 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 705 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 4.62 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 537 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|