"Congressional Republicans have become little more than rubber stamps for their twice-indicted leader, Rep. Tom DeLay (R-Texas)," Rep. Rahm Emanuel (D-Illinois) said November 3, 2005, in The Hill. "By blindly following DeLay and President Bush, these members of Congress are complicit in the flawed stewardship of this nation. Republicans in Congress are putting their rubber-stamp approach to politics ahead of the priorities of the people they represent. Meanwhile, the American people are crying out for relief."
On March 30, 2006, Luis wrote In the Blog from Another Dimension:
- "House Democrats joined together on a common theme and started pounding on the Republicans, hitting their major weaknesses and using a biting and recognizable motif—in this case, 'The Republican Rubber-Stamp Congress,' something that has been around for a month or more but has not been getting too much attention until late.
- "In a series of one-minute speaking allotments, different Representatives banged home on topics like prescription drugs, college aid, energy policy, hurricane Katrina, massive overspending and the deficits, the Iraq War, and Homeland Security. They pointed out that the Republicans in Congress have simply gone along with everything the Bush administration has asked for, and that has led to today's sorry state of affairs."
- "Rubber-Stamp Republicans Provide Neither Check Nor Balance Against Bush Administration's Failures and Excesses," Democratic Policy Committee, June 24, 2004.
- "Rubber Stamp Republicans Refuse to Conduct Much-Needed Oversight," Democratic Policy Committee, September 8, 2004.
- "GOP Rubber Stamps," The Stakeholder website paid for by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
- "PODCAST: The Rubber Stamp Republicans," Taylor Marsh, March 9, 2006.
- "Rubber Stamp Republicans Feel the Cost," Taylor Marsh, March 17, 2006.
- eriposte, "King-George-gate: Action Continues on Rubber Stamp Republican Congress," The Left Coaster, March 27, 2006.
- eriposte, "Rubber Stamp Republicans show their commitment to...." The Left Coaster, March 28, 2006.
- Christy Hardin Smith, "Citizen Action Steps: Phase Two," firedoglake, March 28, 2006.
- mcjoan, "Rubber Stamp Republicans: New McCarthyism Is All They Have," Daily Kos, April 1, 2006.
- Christy Hardin Smith, "Rubber Stamp Republican Congress Stamps...In Action," firedoglake, April 4, 2006.
- "Rubber Stamp Congress: Debbie Wasserman Schultz," Crooks and Liars, April 5, 2006. WMP and QT video.
- Bob Geiger, "Wasserman Schultz Blasts Rubber-Stamp Republicans," Democrats.com, April 6, 2006.
- Christy Hardin Smith, "Taking It to the Rubber-Stamp Republicans," firedoglake, April 25, 2006.
- "What can a mere president (and his rubber stamp Congress) do to help with the price of gasoline?" DownWithTyranny!" Blogspot, April 25, 2006.
- "Rubber-Stamp Republicans Finally Find Something They Can Defy Bush On—More Pork!" DownWithTyranny! Blogspot, April 28, 2006.
- Chris Floyd, "Craven Image: The Senate Bows to Imperial Power," Empire Burlesque, July 20, 2006.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|