Taconite Harbor Energy Center
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of coal plants|
Taconite Harbor Energy Center is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by ALLETE near Schroeder, Minnesota.
Minnesota Power announces plan to retire Unit 3
- Owner: Minnesota Power
- Parent Company: ALLETE
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 252 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 84 MW (1957), 84 MW (1957), 84 MW (1967)
- Location: 8124 West Hwy. 61, Schroeder, MN 55613
- GPS Coordinates: 47.5314, -90.9111
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- 2006 CO2 Emissions: 1,752,752 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions:
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions:
- 2005 Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- "Minnesota Power outlines its EnergyForward resource strategy," Minnesota Power press release, January 30, 2013
- "News Release: Clean air victory in northern Minnesota as Minnesota Power announces phasing out coal at two Minnesota plants," Fresh Energy, January 30, 2013
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|