Tanjung Bara Coal Terminal
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
The terminal has a 2.4 million tonne capacity stockpile, to load coal onto ships of up to 220,000 DWT coal bulk carriers for transshipment. The terminal has handling capacity of 80,000 tonnes per day and 24 million tonnes per year.
The Indonesia government granted authorization to PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) to carrry out exploration, production and marketing of coal in area of 90,938 hectares in Sangatta and Bengalon of East Kutai Regency in East Kalimantan Province. KPC’s Sangatta mine is close to the port facilities at Tanjung Bara, which is linked to the mine by an overland conveyor running 13 kilometers. The Bengalon mine is also close to the coast and is linked to Tanjung Bara by a 22 kilometers haul road. In 2013, KPC’s total coal production at the Sangatta and Bengalon mines reached 53.5 million tonnes, up 29.5% from 41.3 million tonnes in 2012.
- Operator: Kaltim Prima Coal
- Location: north Samarinda, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Annual Coal Capacity (Tonnes): 24 million
- Status: Operating
- Type: Exports
- Coal source: Sangatta and Bengalon, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
Articles and Resources
- "Indo Coal" Indo Coal, accessed September 14, 2011
- "Kaltim Prima Coal," KPC Coal from Indonesia website, accessed July 2015
- "Strategic business analysis on investment method for coal transshiment," The Indonesian Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 2, No. 10, 2013: 1188-1202
- "Kaltim Prima Coal," PT Bumi Resources, accessed July 2015