The Duchossois Group, Inc.
Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
The Duchossois Group, Inc. is a "family-owned company headquartered in Elmhurst, Illinois that is known for its ownership stakes in Arlington Park and Churchill Downs race tracks, as well as for railcar and defense manufacturing," their website states. The Duchossois Group is a privately-held company headquartered in Elmhurst, Illinois.
Richard Duchossois joined Thrall Car Manufacturing Company after World War II and became CEO in 1952. In 1980, the firm purchased Chamberlain Manufacturing Corp., with Duchossois becoming its Chairman. At the same time, he retained the chairmanship of the parent company, but appointed his son as CEO. In 1983, as Chairman of renamed Duchossois Industries (DII), he purchased Arlington Park Race Track. In 2000, Arlington Park merged with Churchill Downs Incorporated, where DII has several seats on the Board of Directors. Churchill Downs reported $696,854,000 in net revenues in 2011.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." The Duchossois Group, Inc. is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
As of February 2013
- Richard Duchossois, Chairman
- Craig J. Duchossois, CEO
- Robert L. Fealy, President, COO & Director
- Michael E. Flannery, Executive Vice President, CFO
- Colleen M' O'Connor, Vice President & Treasurer
- Eric A. Reeves, Vice President & General Counsel
- Mary Wong, Vice President, Taxes
- William J. Connell, Vice President & Controller
845 Larch Avenue
Elmhurst, IL 60126
Phone: (630) 279-3600
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- ↑ The Duchossois Group, "The History of the Duchossois Group", organization website, accessed February 18, 2013
- ↑ Churchill Downs, Inc., "2011 Annual Report", organizational document, accessed February 5, 2013
- ↑ Duchossois Group, "Executive Officers page", organizational website, accessed February 5, 2013
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|