The Leadership Institute
The Leadership Institute is a Virginia based training organisation for potential conservative political leaders.
According to the groups website The Leadership Institute is "the premier training ground for tomorrow's conservative leaders. Conservative leaders, organizations and activities rely on the Institute for the preparation they require for success."
"Since 1979 the Institute's unique seminars and workshops have enrolled more than 61,000 students and taught them how to win. Each year hundreds of Institute graduates obtain positions of influence in public policy because of their Leadership Institute training," its website states.
|Documents Contained at the Anti-Environmental Archives|
Documents written by or referencing this person or organization are contained in the Anti-Environmental Archive, launched by Greenpeace on Earth Day, 2015. The archive contains 3,500 documents, some 27,000 pages, covering 350 organizations and individuals. The current archive includes mainly documents collected in the late 1980s through the early 2000s by The Clearinghouse on Environmental Advocacy and Research (CLEAR), an organization that tracked the rise of the so called "Wise Use" movement in the 1990s during the Clinton presidency. Access the index to the Anti-Environmental Archives here.
- The Leadership Institute was started in 1979 by Morton C. Blackwell as a "non-partisan" educational institute that has been preparing conservatives for success in politics, government and the news media.
- They have trained more than 39,000 students.
- They have a staff of 47
- They have revenue of about $7 million.
- They claim to have more than 1000 active groups . However, it appears that most do not exist.
- They list Fox News; MSNBC; CNN; CBS as examples of media placements available through the school.
- Their latest event was the Ronald Reagan Tribute Collection on May 19, 2004. They have future events and workshops that focus on grassroots activism.
- Another quote from their website: "The Institute is a non-partisan educational foundation".
- Mitch McConnell: U.S. Senator from Kentucky
- Jim Gilmore: former governor of Virginia
- Karl Rove: Bush 43 political strategist
- James Guckert: Talon News "reporter"
- David McIntosh: Congressman from Indiana
- Mark Souder: Congressman from Indiana
- JoAnn Davis: Congresswoman from Virginia
- Joe Wilson: Congressman from South Carolina
- Grover Norquist: President, Americans for Tax Reform
- Ralph Reed: former Executive Director Christian Coalition
- Jason Miller: Young conservative leader
- Steve Cassarino: Director of Member Services
- Jim Eltringham: Director of Public Relations
- Erin Krueger: Director of Recruitment
- Geoff Woliner: Youth Education Coordinator
- Rebekka James Turko: Director of Campus Coordination
- Ryan James Nickels: Director of Youth Outreach
- Benjamin J. Norquist: Campus Services Coordinator
- Andrew J. Tomar: Facilities Coordinator
1101 North Highland Street
Arlington, VA 22201
Phone: (703) 247-2000
Fax: (703) 247-2001
Articles and Resources
- "About Us", The Leadership Institute, accessed February 2008.