Tuscarora Landscaper's Choice
Tuscarora Landscaper's Choice is a Leesburg, VA product sold as fertilizer but made from sewage sludge. Hundreds of communities across the U.S. sell toxic sludge products that are typically renamed biosolids and sold or given away as "fertilizer" or "compost" (and often even labeled or marketed as "natural" or "organic").
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Sewage sludge
- Food Rights Network
- Sewage sludge giveaways, producers, and brands
- The EPA's plan to bypass opposition to sewage sludge disposal
- Water Environment Federation
- You say biosolids, I say sewage sludge
- Town of Leesburg: Biosolids Product - TLC, accessed November 13, 2010.
- Marie Kulick, Smart Guide on Sludge Use and Food Production, Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy, 2008.
- Targeted National Sewage Sludge Survey: EPA-822-R-08-016 and EPA-822-R-08-018, EPA, January 2009.
- Environmental Working Group, Dumping Sewage Sludge On Organic Farms? Why USDA Should Just Say No, April, 1998.
- Environmental Working Group, Routes of Exposure sewage sludge: EWG Research on Chemicals in sewage sludge, April 30, 1998.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|