United States Constitution
THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
- United States Constitution: Article I
- United States Constitution: Article II
- United States Constitution: Article III
- United States Constitution: Article IV
- United States Constitution: Article V
- United States Constitution: Article VI
- United States Constitution: Article VII
- United States Constitution: Amendments
The US Constitution has been split into 9 stubs on Sourcewatch: Each Article of the Constitution plus the Amendments to it, were given its own stub, as well as this stub, which includes the Preamble and these notes.
There is also a SourceWatch/Congresspedia article on the U.S. constitutional amendment process.
Linking in Sourcewatch Articles
If a link to an individual section of an Article is desired it is easy to implement into a Sourcewatch stub:
Using the wiki double bracketing formatting for an Sourcewatch link,
reference the Article of the Constitution or Amendments,
and add to it the number symbol # followed by "Section section_number".
To link to the US Constitution: Article IV Section 3 use
- [[United States Constitution: Article IV#Section 3|US Constitution; Article IV Section 3]]
which renders like this:
US Constitution; Article IV Section 3
Hopefully, this isn't too confusing.
Article VI does not have sections, but does have clauses so for US Constitution: Article VI Clause 3 use:
- [[United States Constitution: Article VI#Clause 3|US Constitution: Article VI Clause 3 use]]
The first 21 Amendments to the US Constitution were called "Article", but since the 22 Amendment, the are called "Amendment", and they are listed in Roman Numerals:
- Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution
- [[United States Constitution: Amendments#Article IV|Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution]]
- Twenty-third amendment to the US Constitution
- [[United States Constitution: Amendments#Amendment XXIII|Twenty-third amendment to the US Constitution]]
Individual clauses within sections
It is possible to link directly to the individual clauses within Sections, but the wiki markup does not make it quite as easy. For that, go to the desired clause, using the TOC of the Article, and look at the address in the browser's address bar. The part including the number symbol to the end of the url is the part to add.