Vallur Thermal Power Plant
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of India and coal.|
Vallur Thermal Power Plant is partially completed 1500 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station being undertaken as a joint venture by the National Thermal Power Corporation and TamilNadu Electricity Board (TNEB).
The project is located in Thiruvallur district, Tamil Nadu. The map belows shows the location of Thiruvallur but not the exact location of the project.
Stage I, Phase I
- Unit 1 - 500 MW - was commissioned on March 28, 2012
- Unit 2 - 500 MW - expected commissioning September 2012
Stage I, Phase II
Stage I, Phase II comprises one unit, with status as follows:
- Unit 3 - 500 MW - expected commissioning March 2013
Sponsor: National Thermal Power Corporation
Location: Thiruvallur district, Tamil Nadu
Coordinates: 13.142549, 79.909053 (location of Thiruvallur but not the exact location of the project)
Status: Unit 1 - operating 2012; Units 2 and 3 - construction
Nameplate capacity: 1500 MW (3 x 500 MW)
Projected commissioning: Unit 2: September 2012; Unit 3: March 2013
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country" Government of India Ministry of Power, February 2012.
- ↑ National Thermal Power Corporation, "Future Capacity Additions", National Thermal Power Corporation website, accessed June 2010.
- ↑ ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY (MW) OF POWER UTILITIES INCLUDING ALLOCATED SHARES IN JOINT AND CENTRAL SECTOR UTILITIES, Central Electricity Authority, March 31, 2012
Related SourceWatch articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|