Used "proudly by social conservatives, and carelessly by the media to denote such conservatives," Will wrote, "[t]his phrase diminishes our understanding of politics. It also is arrogant on the part of social conservatives and insulting to everyone else because it implies that only social conservatives vote to advance their values and everyone else votes to . . . well, it is unclear what they supposedly think they are doing with their ballots."
"The Washington Briefing: 2006 Values Voters Summit"
"Family Research Council Action, Focus on the Family Action, Americans United to Preserve Marriage , and American Family Association Action surveyed the political landscape and decided that something must be done to spark the cultural renewal that the nation overwhelmingly voted for in 2004. That 'something' is The Washington Briefing: 2006 Values Voters Summit," which is to be held September 22-24, 2006, at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. 
Invited Speakers September 2006
According to the American Family Association Action website, the following are invited speakers to attend the Summit:
- President George W. Bush
- Senator George Allen
- Gary Bauer
- House Majority Leader John Boehner
- Senator Sam Brownback
- Pat Buchanan
- Chuck Colson
- Dr. James Dobson
- Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist
- Sean Hannity
- Michelle Malkin
- Zell Miller
- Peggy Noonan
- Tony Perkins
- Senator Rick Santorum
- Lt. Gov. Michael Steele
- Rev. Don Wildmon
"War on Christians and Values Voter" 2006 Conference
The War on Christians and Values Voter 2006 Conference was held March 27-28, 2006, at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. The Conference promised "First-Hand Accounts of Christian Persecution." 
Keynote Speakers included "such Values Vote leaders" as Phyllis Schlafly, Vision America President Rick Scarborough, Gary Bauer, Alan Keyes, Janet Folger, Congressman Tom DeLay, Janet Parshall, Sen. John Cornyn and Sen. Sam Brownback." 
Related SourceWatch Resources
- American Values Agenda
- traditional family values
- U.S. congressional elections in 2006
- Values Action Team
- war on Christians
- DeclarationProject.us website of the Declaration of American Renewal / Values Voter coalition. A "joint endeavor of RenewAmerica and the Declaration Alliance--in affiliation with ValuesVoter.org."
- "Backgrounder: Reviewing the Phenomenon of the Values Voter," Center for Moral Clarity, 2004.
- Tom Hess and Karla Dial, "Year of the Values Voter," Citizens Magazine / Focus on the Family, 2004: "No matter what the pundits say, there's no doubt that voters who oppose gay marriage and abortion helped re-elect George W. Bush and sent Tom Daschle looking for a new line of work."
- Carl Raschke, "Catholics as ‘Values Voters’," Guernica Magazine, October 2004.
- "The Rise Of The Values Voter," CBS News, October 4, 2004; posting of Jeffrey Bell and Frank Cannon's "The Rise of the Values Voter. The political megatrend nobody wants to talk about," The Weekly Standard, October 11, 2004.
- Dick Meyer, Opinion: "Moral Values Malarkey," CBS News, November 5, 2004.
- "Values voter no ignorant bigot," Toledo Blade (Ohio), November 13, 2004.
- David Freddos, "The moral values voter," The AFF Brainwash, November 28, 2004.
- Paul McLeary, "A Reality Check on the Values Voter," Vital Source Magazine, December 1, 2004.
- Septic Tank, "Pandering To the Mythical Values Voter," Daily Kos, April 12, 2005.
- "Margin For Error: Dems And The Values Voter," Hotline On Call Blog / National Journal, February 7, 2006.
- Mel Seesholtz, "Playing Victim While Victimizing Gays and Children," Counterbias, March 6, 2006.
- News Release: "War on Christians and Values Voter 2006 Conference will Include First-Hand Accounts of Christian Persecution," U.S. Newswire, March 9, 2006.
- Bill Berkowitz, "'War on Christians'? Later this month, Rich Scarborough's Vision America will host 'The War Against Christians and the Values Voter 2006' Conference in Washington D.C.," Media Transparency, March 22, 2006.
- News Release: "War on Christians Conference Opens Today; Conference to Include a Values Voter Presidential Preference Poll," U.S. Newswire, March 27, 2006.
- Pete Winn, "'Values Voter Summit' Set for Fall," CitizenLink / Focus on the Family, May 2, 2006.
- Bill Berkowitz, "'Where's the outrage?' Another fracture in the conservative evangelical movement," Media Transparency, May 14, 2006.
- Bill Berkowitz, "Anti-Gay leader to mobilize legions of 'values voters' for Kenneth Blackwell in Ohio. Phil Burress' Cincinnati, Ohio-based Citizens for Community Values goes statewide," Media Transparency, May 15, 2006.
- George F. Will, "Who Isn't A 'Values Voter'?" Washington Post; "Is there anything other than a values voter?" Times Union (Albany, NY), May 18, 2006.
- George F. Will, "Is Sen. John Sununu a 'values voter'?" Union Leader (Manchester, NH), May 18, 2006.
- Mark Daniels, "Who is the 'Values Voter'?" Better Living Blogspot, May 18, 2006.
- Max Blumenthal, "The Coming Gay Republican Purge," The Nation, October 12, 2006.
- P.M. Carpenter, "Our Republican Nannies," p.m. carpenter's commentary Blog, October 16, 2006.
- John Aravosis, "Republican National Committee regularly takes contributions from gay porn 'king'," AMERICAblog, October 29, 2006. re Nicholas T. Boyias
- John Aravosis, "GOP porn scandal widens: In addition to accepting donations from gay 'porn king,' GOP also took money from 'porn queen' Mary Carey," AMERICAblog, October 29, 2006. re Mary Carey
- John Aravosis, "GOP invited known porn star to dinner with Bush, lunch with Rove, AGAIN in 2006," AMERICAblog, October 30, 2006.
- Matt Taibbi, "'Christian' Game Leaves Behind A Pile of Corpses," Rolling Stone (AlterNet), December 20, 2006.