WFXW-38, FOX (TV Station)
|Fake TV News: A CMD Special Report|
|This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's special report, Fake TV News: Widespread and Undisclosed.
Click here to read the report summary.
WFXW-38 is a Terre Haute, Indiana-based television station and a part of the FOX network.
Use of Video News Releases and/or Satellite Media Tours
Contacted by Terre Haute's The Tribune-Star in August 2006, after the Federal Communications Commission launched an investigation into unsourced VNRs, WFXW-38 general manager Duane Lammers "said the station had yet to receive a letter from the FCC": 
- “It was on a CNN feed, so we don’t know if it even qualifies as a [video news release] or not,” said Lammers, who is also the chief executive officer for the stations’ parent company, Nexstar Broadcasting Group. ...
- “I hardly believe this is something the FCC should be worrying about, a little blurb on National Pancake Week,” he said. “Surely, our government has more important things to do … I think it’s a joke.”
WFXW-38 PO BOX 299
Terre Haute, IN 47808
Station Manager: Lois Mathes
- Audio news releases
- Brand Hype
- Branded Entertainment
- Media releases
- Satellite Media Tours
- Radio Media Tours
- Public Service Announcements
- Video news releases: PR for California's Schwarzenegger administration
- Diane Farsetta and Daniel Price, "Fake TV News: Widespread and Undisclosed: A multimedia report on television newsrooms' use of material provided by PR firms on behalf of paying clients", Center for Media and Democracy, April 6, 2006.
- Crystal Garcia, "FCC investigating Wabash Valley FOX TV station," The Tribune-Star (Terre Haute, Indiana), August 18, 2006.