WL Ross & Co., LLC
Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
WL Ross & Co., LLC is a New York, NY based private equity firm founded by Wilbur L. Ross in 2000. The company describes itself on its website by stating, "Acknowledged as one of the world's leading turnaround groups, WL Ross & Co. LLC invests in and restructures financially distressed companies with an objective of creating new, world-class enterprises."
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem."
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
- Wilbur L. Ross, Jr.: CEO & Chairman
- James B. Lockhart III: Vice Chairman
- Stephen J. Toy: Managing Director
- Michael J. Gibbons, CPA: Chief Financial Officer
- Josh R. Seegopaul: Principal
- Wendy L. Teramoto: Managing Director
- David L. Wax: Managing Director
- Pamela K. Wilson: Managing Director
WL Ross & Co., LLC
1166 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Phone: (212) 826-1100
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
Articles and References