Waters Advocacy Coalition
Learn more about the threat drilling for methane gas poses to fresh water.
The Waters Advocacy Coalition (WAC) is "a broad-based coalition of both public and private organizations who depend on our nation's water resources to provide vital services, such as building the homes we live in, protecting our homes from destructive floods, growing and manufacturing the food, fiber, and paper products we consume, and providing the energy we use in our homes and businesses," according to April 2008 Congressional testimony on behalf of WAC by Hunton & Williams lawyer Virginia S. Albrecht. 
WAC reported paying Hunton & Williams $100,000 for lobbying services in 2008, and $80,000 in 2007.  The lobbyists on the WAC account are Hunton & Williams' Virginia S. Albrecht and Deidre G. Duncan. 
As of April 2008, WAC members included the following: 
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Farm Bureau Federation
- American Forest & Paper Association
- American Public Power Association
- American Road and Transportation Builders Association
- Associated General Contractors of America
- CropLife America
- Edison Electric Institute
- Fertilizer Institute
- Foundation for Environmental and Economic Progress
- Industrial Minerals Association North America
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- National Association of Counties
- National Association of Flood & Stormwater Management Agencies
- National Association of Home Builders
- National Association of Industrial Office Properties
- National Association of Manufacturers
- National Association of REALTORS®
- National Association of State Departments of Agriculture
- National Cattlemen's Beef Association
- National Corn Growers Association
- National Council of Farmer Cooperatives
- National Mining Association
- National Multi Housing Council
- National Pork Producers Council
- National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association
- Responsible Industry for a Sound Environment
- Western Business Roundtable
Waters Advocacy Coalition
701 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20004
Website ("under construction" when visited in February 2009): http://www.protectmywater.org
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- "Testimony of Virginia S. Albrecht, Hunton & Williams LLP, Appearing on Behalf of the Waters Advocacy Coalition Before the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, U.S. House of Representatives hearing on 'The Clean Water Restoration Act of 2007'," House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure website, April 16, 2008.
- "protectmywater.org",Joker.com, accessed February 2009.
- "Michael zabko", LinkedIn, accessed February 2009.
- "Lobbying: Waters Advocacy Coalition, 2008," OpenSecrets.org, accessed February 2009.
- "Waters Advocacy Coalition," Lobbyists.info (sub req'd), accessed February 2009.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|