Learn more about Pete Peterson-funded astroturf projects at the Fix the Debt Portal.
Yahoo Inc. is a multinational internet corporation founded in 1994 by Stanford PhD candidates David Filo and Jerry Yang. According to the company's website, Yahoo was originally created as "a way for them to keep track of their personal interests on the Internet". The company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.
In 2011, Yahoo reported $4,984,199,000 in total revenue.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem."
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
- Marissa Mayer, Chief Executive Officer, President and Director
- Ron Bell, General Counsel and Secretary
- Adam Cahan, Senior Vice President of Mobile and Emerging Products
- Henrique De Castro, Chief Operating Officer
- David Dibble, Executive Vice President, Technology and Operations
- David Filo, Co-founder and Chief Yahoo
- Christophe Parcot, Vice President & Managing Director Yahoo! EMEA
- Ken Goldman, Chief Financial Officer
- Jacqueline D. Reses, Executive Vice President of People and Development
- Mickie Rosen, Senior Vice President, Global Media & Commerce, Yahoo!
- Jay Rossiter, Executive Vice President, Platforms
- Kathy Savitt, Chief Marketing Officer
- Rose Tsou, Senior Vice President, APAC Region
701 First Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security