A.E. Staley Decatur Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by the British agroprocessing multinational Tate & Lyle near Decatur, Illinois. It is a cogeneration plant that powers Tate & Lyle's Decatur corn milling plant.
- Owner: A.E. Staley Manufacturing Company
- Parent Company: Tate & Lyle
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 62 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 62 MW (1989)
- Location: 2200 East Eldorado St., Decatur, IL 62521
- GPS Coordinates: 39.849301, -88.931
- Electricity Production: 370,854 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 592,098 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 4,747 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 25.60 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 852 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
- Global Coal Plant Tracker
Related SourceWatch Articles