Abdulwahab Alkebsi "is the Regional Director for Africa and MENA at the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE). Prior to joining CIPE, Alkebsi served as the Director of the Middle East and North Africa division at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), where he oversaw a portfolio that included Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, North Africa, the Levant, the Gulf nations, and Yemen."  Prior to this, he was Executive Director of the Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy (in 2002) at the Islamic Institute. He was Director of the American-Muslim Council, Executive Director of the American Muslim Association for Democracy and Director of the American Association for Democracy. He has also been Deputy Director for the American Task Force for Bosnia (in 1994).
- American Muslim Association for Democracy – former Executive Director
- American-Muslim Council, Director
- Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy
- Fikra Forum – Contributor
- National Endowment for Democracy
- Abdulwahab Alkebsi, "Rethinking Iraq: Iraq By Geography", Middle East Institute, April 28, 2004.
- "Bio of Abdulwahab Alkebsi", Centre of the Study of Islam and Democracy, Accessed October 2006.