Adhunik Power and Natural Resources
Coal power projects
Adhunik Power and Natural Resources Limited is seeking to develop three major coal-fired power stations. These are the:
- Mahadev Prasad Super Thermal Power Plant, a 1080 megawatt coal-fired power station in the villages Palampur and Srirampur, district Sareikela Kharsawan in Jharkhand. The first unit of 270 MW was completed in 2012 and the second unit of 270 MW was forecast to be completed in 2013.
- Champa Adhunik power station, a 1320MW coal-fired power project at Champa in Chhattisgarh. A mid-2011 news report stated that a coal allocation for the project had not been made; and
- Bhagalpur Power Project, a 2640MW coal-fired power station at Kahelgaon in the Bhagalpur district of Bihar. A mid-2011 news report stated that a coal allocation for the project had not been made. The State Investment Promotion Board (SIPB) notes that approved the proposed power project on February 1, 2010 as a 1320MW project. The company's proposal was amended in January 2011 for the project to be expanded to be a 2640MW plant established in two phases. The SIPB also notes that another Adhunik Group subsidiary, Adhunik Metaliks, has proposed a 2.2 million tonnes per annum steel mill at Kahalgaon, which was approved by the board in February 2010. It is unclear whether the proposed power station is intended as a captive power station for the steel mill. On the webpage for Adhunik Metaliks, no mention is made of the proposed steel mill.
2/1A, Sarat Bose Road
Kolkata 700020, West Bengal, India
Phone: 033 30517100
Fax: 033 22890285
E-mail: info AT adhunikgroup.com
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Adhunik Power and Natural Resources, "Adhunik Power and Natural Resources Limited ", Adhunik Power and Natural Resources website, accessed November 2011.
- Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country, Central Electricity Authority, September 2012
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- State Investment Promotion Board, "Proposals Approved by State Investment Promotion Board (SIPB)", State Investment Promotion Board website, December 2011, pages 10 & 25.
- Adhunik Metaliks, "Adhunik Metaliks Limited", Adhunik Group website, accessed December 2011.