After Downing Street
After Downing Street (ADS) is a "coalition of veterans' groups, peace groups, and political activist groups, which launched on May 26, 2005, a campaign to urge the U.S. Congress to begin a formal investigation into whether President George W. Bush has committed impeachable offenses in connection" with the war in Iraq. 
Resolution of Inquiry
"A coalition of activist groups running the gamut of social and political issues will ask Congress to file a Resolution of Inquiry, the first necessary legal step to determine whether President Bush has committed impeachable offenses in misleading the country about his decision to go to war in Iraq, RAW STORY has learned.
"The formal Resolution of Inquiry request, written by Boston constitutional attorney John C. Bonifaz, cites the Downing Street Memo and issues surrounding the planning and execution of the Iraq war. A resolution of inquiry would force relevant House committees to vote on the record as to whether to support an investigation." 
- Backbone Campaign (http://www.backbonecampaign.org/)
- BradBlog.com (http://www.bradblog.com/)
- Citizens for Legitimate Government (http://www.legitgov.org/)
- CODEPINK: Women for Peace
- DemocracyRising.US (http://www.democracyrising.us/)
- Democrats.com (http://www.democrats.com/)
- Global Exchange (http://www.globalexchange.org/)
- Gold Star Families for Peace (http://www.gsfp.org/)
- Justice Through Music (http://www.jtmp.org/)
- PeaceMajority.org (http://www.peacemajority.org/)
- Progressive Democrats of America (http://www.pdamerica.org/)
- Rainbow/Push Coalition rainbowpush.org
- RogerART.com (http://www.rogerart.com/)
- subject2discussion Blog (http://www.subject2discussion.com/)
- True Blue Liberal (http://www.trueblueliberal.com/)
- Veterans For Peace
- We Do Not Concede Coalition (http://www.donotconcede.com/)
- Marcus Raskin, co-founder of the Institute for Policy Studies
- William Rivers Pitt, author and journalist
- Vicki Gleeson of South Carolina
- Eric Medley of Louisville, KY
- Lindon Rose of Portland, OR
- John Gideon, Voting Activist, Writer
Source: ADS (see left margin), accessed May 27, 2005.
Email: david AT davidswanson.org
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Bush's 16 words
- cooked intelligence
- Paul H. O'Neill
- Richard A. Clarke
- The case for impeachment of President George W. Bush
- The secret Downing Street memo, July 23, 2002
- Valerie Plame
- The July 23, 2002, Downing Street memo, Times Online (UK).
- John C. Bonifaz, "The First Lie," Tom Paine.Common Sense, May 7, 2004.
- Douglas Jehl, "British Memo on U.S. Plans for Iraq War Fuels Critics," New York Times, May 20, 2005.
- Larisa Alexandrovna, "Coalition of citizen groups seek formal inquiry into whether Bush acted illegally in push for Iraq war," The Raw Story, May 26, 2005.