Alan Patricof "is co-founder of Apax Partners, L.P. Mr. Patricof founded the firm at a time when venture capital was at an incipient stage and has been instrumental in growing the industry from a base of high net-worth individuals to its position today with broad institutional backing.
"Mr. Patricof has helped in the start-up, financing, and subsequent strategic guidance that helped build companies such as America Online, Office Depot, Cadence Systems, Apple Computer, FORE Systems, NTL, Audible, Inc.
"Mr. Patricof has applied the disciplines of a thirty-plus year career in private equity to address social inequities in the developing world. He serves as an advisor to the International Finance Corporation (IFC). He was selected as a member of the UNDP Commission on Private Sector & Development, and sits on the African Policy Board of the Council on Foreign Relations. He has participated in the “Big Table” meeting of finance ministers under the auspices of the Commission for Africa, which is part of the United Nations.“ 
- Member, Democracy Alliance
- Director, Technoserve
- Leadership Council, Initiative for Global Development 
- Director, Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Director, Trickle Up 
- Advisory Council, Global Philanthropy Forum 
- Advisory Board, Endeavor Global 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Leadership, Initiative for Global Development, accessed December 11, 2007.
- Directors, Trickle Up, accessed September 1, 2009.
- Advisory Council, Global Philanthropy Forum, accessed January 9, 2010.
- Advisory Board, Endeavor Global, accessed November 20, 2010.
- "Biography", Accessed January 2007.