Alex Epstein is the founder and president of the Center for Industrial Progress, "a for-profit think-tank seeking to bring about a new industrial revolution", which he founded in 2011. Its mission is to “inspire Americans to embrace industrial progress as a cultural ideal.”
He is also a blogger at Master Resource, a “Free Market Energy Blog,” and a past fellow of the Ayn Rand Institute, an organization that has received funding from the Koch Family Foundations including at least $50,000 between 2005 and 2010.
According to his CIS biography:
- Alex Epstein is an expert in energy and industrial policy. His writings on energy and energy policy have been published in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Investor’s Business Daily, and dozens of other prominent publications. He has become the leading free-market energy debater, having debated Bill McKibben, Greenpeace, Occupy Wall Street, and other environmentalist groups. He is a Principal blogger for MasterResource, the leading free-market energy blog. Mr. Epstein’s monthly podcast, “Power Hour,” features discussions with leading energy thinkers. Mr. Epstein’s writings on philosophy, business, and energy have been featured in 10 books, including, most recently, Why Businessmen Need Philosophy.
Epstein is associated with:
- American Freedom Alliance — Speaker at American Freedom Alliance sponsored event.
- DeSmogBlog bio
- Center for Industrial Progress, "About Us"
- About, Center for Industrial Progress. Accessed July 7, 2014.
- About, MasterResource. Accessed July 7, 2014.
- Faculty, Objectivistconferences.com. Accessed ccessed July 7, 2014.
- Nuclear Power is Safe, Despite What You’ve Heard After Fukushima
- DeSmogBlog citing Ayn Rand Center for Individual Rights