|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
American Meat Institute
The American Meat Institute (AMI) is national trade association and lobbying group which represents "companies that process 70 percent of U.S. meat and poultry and their suppliers throughout America." On its website AMI states that it "keeps its fingers on the pulse of legislation, regulation and media activity that impacts the meat and poultry industry and provides rapid updates and analyses to its members to help them stay informed." 
Executive Committee Members (accessed September 2005)
Jim Anderson Marlen Research Corporation
- Rich Armstrong Sara Lee Food & Beverage
- Van Ayvazian Boar's Head Provision Co., Inc.
- Bill Barnette, III Greenwood Packing Plant
- Tony Bayat CFS North America, Inc.
- Greg Benedict Rosen Meat Group, Inc.
- Greg Benedict Rosen Meat Group, Inc.
- Dane Bernard Keystone Foods, L.L.C.
- Ed Bleka Quantum Foods, Inc.
- Dick Bond Tyson Foods, Inc. (Treasurer)
- J. Patrick Boyle American Meat Institute (President & CEO)
- Bill Brennan Iowa Lamb Corporation
- Rod Brenneman Seaboard Farms, Inc.
- Reed Brown Brown Packing Company
- Bill Buckner Cargill, Inc./Cargill Meat Solutions Corp. (Vice Chairman)
- John Butts Land O'Frost, Inc.
- Tony Catelli Catelli Brothers, Inc.
- Phil Clemens Hatfield Quality Meats
- Ivo Cozzini Cozzini, Inc.
- Doug Curtis, Curtis Packing Company
- Henry Davis Greater Omaha Packing Co., Inc.
- Tom Davis Specialty Foods Group, Inc.
- Tim Day Bar-S Foods Co.
- Michel Defenbau, Multivac, Inc.
- Lou Eni Dietz & Watson, Inc.
- Bill Fielding Creekstone Farms Premium Beef, LLC
- Tom Fillippo, Devault Foods
- A. J. Follenweider Swissland Packing Company
- Jeff Freirich Julian Freirich Co.
- Neil Genshaft Fresh Mark, Inc.
- John Griffin Griffin Industries, Inc.
- Joel Johnson Hormel Foods Corporation
- Philip Jones Jones Dairy Farm
- Gus Juengling, III Prestige Meat & Foods, Inc.
- Bob Kessler, Jr. Kessler's, Inc.
- Carl Kuehne American Foods Group
- Chris Kunzler, III Kunzler & Company
- Tom Leidy, Leidy's Inc.
- Neal Leonard, L & H Packing Company
- Joe Luter, III, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
- Bo Manly Premium Standard Farms, Inc. (Vice Chairman)
- Chris Mason, AEW THURNE Inc.
- David McDonald OSI Industries, LLC
- Ira Mendelson Murry's, Inc.
- John Miller National Beef Packing Company, LLC
- David Miniat Ed Miniat, Inc. (Secretary)
- Tom Neese, Jr. Neese Country Sausage, Inc.
- Ed Nelson Indiana Packers Corporation
- Stewart Owens, Bob Evans Farms, Inc. (Immediate Past Chairman)
- Larry Odom Odom's Tennessee Pride Sausage, Inc.
- John Oedzes Brown Packing Co., Inc./Dutch Valley Veal
- Stewart Prosser Cryovac Division, Sealed Air Corp.
- Allen Purnell F.B. Purnell Sausage Company, Inc.
- Robert Rebholtz President and CEO Agri Beef Company
- Roger Reiser Robert Reiser & Co., Inc.
- Tom Routh J.H. Routh Packing Company
- Mike Rozanno Plumrose USA
- Bill Rupp Cargill Meat Solutions/Excel Corporation
- T.J. Russell Cloverdale Foods Company
- Rick Searer Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Alan Simon, Omaha Steaks International, Inc.
- Lackey Stephens R.L. Zeigler Co., Inc.
- Dwight Stiehl Rose Packing Company
- Launa Stayer-Maloney Johnsonville Sausage
- Dick Veale Harland M. Braun Co./Braun Export
- Dennis D. Vignieri Kenosha Beef International, Ltd.
- Norb Woodhams Pierre Foods, Inc.
- Fritz Usinger Fred Usinger, Inc.
Public Affairs staff
- Janet Riley Senior Vice President Public Affairs and Professional Development
- David Ray Vice President Public Affairs
- Marie E. DeLucia Director Education and Professional Development
AMI - American Meat Institute
1150 Connecticut Avenue, NW, 12th floor
Washington, DC 20036
Articles & sources
- dioxin in US beef
- mad cow disease
- processed food industry
- Meat & Dairy industry
- Meat Promotion Coalition
- War on Animals
- U.S. Government's War on Animals
- John Stauber, Food Flack Nation Attacks Journalist Eric Schlosser, PRWatch.com, May 11, 2006