American Press Institute
American Press Institute was "founded by newspaper publishers in 1946" and is "the oldest and largest center devoted solely to training and professional development for the news industry and journalism educators. The Institute... conducts more than 30 residential seminars a year for journalists, sales, marketing and management professionals in print, broadcast, cable and digital media companies." 
- "API also has conducted training online, via the Internet, and it develops custom training seminars on content, values, leadership and management. API has designed programs for Scandinavian and Asian journalists and change and strategic-planning initiatives for newspapers throughout North, Central and South America."
Receives major funding from the McCormick Tribune Foundation.
- Mark G. Contreras - Chairman - Senior Vice President/Newspaper, E.W. Scripps Co.
- Jay Smith - Vice Chairman - President, Cox Newspapers
- Donna M. Barrett Chief Operating Officer, Newspaper Holdings, Inc.
- Peter Bhatia Executive Editor, The Oregonian
- R. Bruce Bradley President, Landmark Publishing Group
- Phil Currie Senior Vice President/News, Gannett Company Inc.
- Drew Davis President and Executive Director, The American Press Institute
- Michael Eliot Goldbloom Publisher, The Toronto Star
- Caroline Diamond Harrison Publisher, Staten Island Advance
- Peter A. Horvitz Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Horvitz Newspapers Inc.
- Gerould W. Kern Vice President/Editorial, Tribune Publishing Company
- Vito Kuraitis Vice President/Human Resources, Lee Enterprises, Inc.
- Caroline H. Little Chief Executive Officer and Publisher, Washingtonpost Newsweek Interactive
- Joseph Lodovic President, MediaNews Group, Inc.
- Charles V. Pittman Senior Vice President/Newspapers, Schurz Communications
- Jonathan Segal President, Community Newspaper Division, Freedom Communications Inc
- Thomas A. Silvestri Publisher, Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Robert J. Weil Vice President/Operations, The McClatchy Company
- John N. Wilcox Chairman and CEO, Ottaway Newspaper
Media Center Advisory Board
- Len Apcar, Editor in Chief, New York Times on the Web nytimes.com, New York
- Merrill Brown, Principal, MBB Associates, Seattle
- Marta C. Buscaglia, President & Publisher, Duluth (MN) News Tribune
- Jennifer Carroll, Director, News Development, Gannett Company, Inc., McLean, Virginia
- Robert S. Cauthorn, President, City Tools LLC
- Frank Daniels III, President & CEO, Vital Source Technologies, Inc. Raleigh, North Carolina
- Carin Dessaur, Principal, mc2, Potomac, Maryland
- Scott Rafer, Chairman, Wireless Ink
- Scott Fox, CEO, Global View Partners
- John Haile, Principal, InsideOut Media Partners Boulder, Colorado
- Kevin McKean, VP/Editorial Director, Consumer Reports
- Craig Newmark, Founder, craigslist.org
- Dr. Karen Stephenson, President, NetForm
- Mike Van Niekerk, Managing Editor/Online, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age in Melbourne Melbourne, Australia
- Jeff Webber, Sr. Vice President & Publisher, USATODAY.com, McLean, Virginia
- Alan Webber, Editor, author and columnist; Founding editor of Fast Company magazine
- William C. Weiss, Chairman & CEO, The Promar Group LLC, Cary, North Carolina
- Dean Wright, Senior Vice President & Managing Editor for Consumer Services, Reuters