An Khanh - Bac Giang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Vietnam and coal|
An Khánh - Bắc Giang power station, formerly known as Lục Nam power station, is a 2 x 325 megawatt (MW) coal plant under development in Bắc Giang province, Vietnam.
The map below shows the location of the plant's site, in Bắc Lũng commune, Lục Nam district, Bắc Giang province.
In February 2016, An Khanh Group announced the formation of An Khanh - Bac Giang Thermoelectric Joint Stock Company, the entity that would build and own the plant. The provincial government gave An Khanh the go-ahead to survey the location. In October 2016, the Prime Minister approved the increase of the project from 100 MW to 650 MW.
In January 2017, the provincial government approved An Khanh Group's investment plans. The project would cost about $1 billion.
- Sponsor: An Khanh - Bac Giang Thermoelectric Joint Stock Company
- Parent company: An Khanh Group
- Location: Bắc Lũng commune, Lục Nam district, Bắc Giang province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 21.23238, 106.35375 (exact)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross Capacity: 650 MW (2 x 325 MW)
- Type: Circulating fluidized bed
- Projected in service: Unit 1: 2022, Unit 2: 2023
- Coal Type: Anthracite
- Coal Source: Quang Ninh
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- DỰ Án NMNĐ Lục Nam, Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2015.
- Dự án đầu tư xây dựng nhà máy nhiệt điện Lục Nam 50MW xã Vu Xá huyện Lục Nam Bắc Giang, regulatory document, July 2013.
- Nam, Pham Khanh, et al. Investment Incentives for Renewable Energy in Southeast Asia: Case study of Viet Nam, International Institute for Sustainable Development, Dec. 2012, p. 8.
- Bac Giang Industrial Zone website, accessed Jan. 2014.
- Bắt đầu thực hiện đầu tư DA Nhiệt điện An Khánh - Bắc Giang, Nang Luong Viet Nam, 4 Jan. 2017.
- Nhiệt điện An Khánh - Bắc Giang: “Đòn bẩy” cho kinh tế địa phương, Nang Luong Viet Nam, 6 Feb. 2017.
- Private communication, GreenID, October 2016.
- DANH MỤC CÁC DỰ ÁN NGUỒN ĐIỆN VÀO VẬN HÀNH GIAI ĐOẠN 2016 - 2030, Ban hành kèm theo Quyết định số 428/QĐ-TTg ngày 18 tháng 3 năm 2016 của Thủ tướng Chính phủ (LIST OF POWER PROJECT IN OPERATION PERIOD 2016 - 2030, Issued together with Decision No. 428 / QD - TTg of March 18, 2016 by the Prime Minister)