"We concentrate our work in seven regions of the world where the problems we seek to address are acute and where we believe grantmaking can have an impact in the next 15 years: Australia, Bermuda, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, South Africa, the United States and Viet Nam.
"Atlantic is a limited-life foundation, one that is committed to spending its entire multibillion-dollar endowment by 2020, in order to make greater and more immediate improvements in the world.
"Our self-imposed expiration date is in keeping with the spirit and philosophy of our founder, who personally believes in “giving while living” and follows in the philanthropic footsteps of other notable foundations, including the Julius Rosenwald Fund, the Aaron Diamond Foundation, the Lucille B. Markey Charitable Trust and many others." 
"As of 31 December 2005, our net assets were approximately $3.1 billion, which includes approximately $580 million already committed to grantees." 
- Gara LaMarche - President and Chief Executive Officer
- John Healy - former President and CEO (2001-7)
Accessed October 2007: 
- Harvey P. Dale, Founding President - University Professor of Philanthropy and the Law, New York University School of Law; Director, National Center on Philanthropy and the Law
- Christine V. Downton - Former Partner, Pareto Partners
- Charles F. Feeney, Founding Chairman
- Gara LaMarche, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Atlantic Philanthropies
- Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot - Professor of Education, Harvard University
- Elizabeth J. McCormack, Deputy Chairman - Advisor, Rockefeller Family & Associates
- Thomas N. Mitchell - Director, Trinity Foundation; Former Provost, Trinity College Dublin
- Frank H. T. Rhodes, Chairman - Professor of Geological Sciences and President Emeritus, Cornell University
- Frederick A. O. Schwarz, Jr., Deputy Chairman - Senior Counsel, Cravath, Swaine & Moore, New York; Senior Counsel, The Brennan Center for Justice; Chair, New York City Campaign Finance Board
- Peter Smitham - Chairman of Actis, Partner in Permira
- Michael I. Sovern - President Emeritus and Chancellor Kent Professor of Law, Columbia University, New York
- Cummings V. Zuill - Senior Vice President, Bank of Bermuda, Retired; Bermuda Charity Commissioner
Resources and articles
- Gerald V. Kraak - former head of South Africa office
- Kavitha Mediratta
- ↑ About Atlantic, Atlantic Philanthropies, accessed October 11, 2007.
- ↑ Financial Information, Atlantic Philanthropies, accessed October 11, 2007.
- ↑ Directors, Atlantic Philanthropies, accessed October 11, 2007.