Baosteel Zhanjiang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Baosteel Zhanjiang power station (宝钢湛江发电厂) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired captive power plant in Guangdong Province, China.
The photo below shows the location of the plant in Donghai Island, Zhanjiang Prefecture, Guangdong Province.
Background on Plant
Baosteel Zhanjiang power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant under construction with a total capacity of 700 MW in Guangdong Province. The plant is owned by China Baowu Steel Group. The project is scheduled to be commissioned in December 2014.
- Sponsor: Baosteel Zhanjiang I&S Co Ltd
- Parent company: China Baowu Steel Group
- Location: Zhanjiang Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 21.0698639, 110.4940295 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- In service: 2014 (Unit 1), 2015 (Unit 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: