Barbara Comstock is a "long time Republican political operative"  and former director of the Office of Public Affairs for the U.S. Department of Justice, who "serves clients both as a lobbyist and strategic communications specialist". 
WaPo: "one-woman wrecking crew"
In August 2001, John Mintz wrote of Comstock in the Washington Post:
- "Since joining the GOP, Comstock has become a kind of one-woman wrecking crew targeting Democratic leaders. As a onetime senior aide to Rep. Dan Burton (R-Ind.) who directed numerous investigations of Clinton-era scandals, and now as head of research for the Republican National Committee, Comstock has perhaps done more than any other GOP operative to skewer Bill Clinton, Al Gore and their congressional allies."
Joe Conason wrote November 15, 2005, in Salon, that "Comstock calmed down enough to serve as director of public affairs in John Ashcroft's Justice Department, to run opposition research for the Republican National Committee and, ultimately, after leaving government, to join the powerhouse lobbying firm of Blank Rome, best known for its huge contributions to the Republican Party, its close association with former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge and other Bush appointees, and its lucky clientele of DHS contractors."
Mitt Romney 2008
Comstock is a member of 2008 presidential hopeful Mitt Romney's campaign team.
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Profile: Barbara Comstock, Media Matters for America.
- Experts: Barbara Comstock, Independent Women's Forum.
- Barbara Comstock in the Wikipedia.
By Barbara Comstock
- "Gore’s Gone Wild. The former veep’s increasingly bizarre persona," National Review Online, May 27, 2004.
- "No Mother Teresa. John Kerry’s wife insults American mothers," National Review Online, October 21, 2004.
- John Mintz, "One-Woman Wrecking Crew Targets Democratic Leaders. Meticulous Comstock Helps RNC Skewer the Opposition," Washington Post, August 21, 2001.
- Joe Conason, "Libby's secret defense fund," Salon, November 15, 2005.
- Jane Hamsher, "It's Evil Harpie Time With Barbara Comstock," Firedoglake Blogspot, February 11, 2006.
- Jane Hamsher, "Late Nite FDL: Barbara Comstock, The Early Years," Firedoglake Blogspot, February 26, 2006.
- Pachacutec, "Barbara Comstock Named Washington Post Editor?" Firedoglake Blogspot, February 18, 2007.
- Christy Hardin Smith, "Conflicted," Firedoglake Blog, July 17, 2007.
- Advisory Committee, Susan B. Anthony List, accessed December 19, 2007.