|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
Barisal power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Bangladesh and coal|
Barisal power station is a proposal for a 307-megawatt (MW) power plant in Barisal division, Bangladesh.
The map below shows the approximate location of Taltoli, Barguna district, but not the exact location of the project.
In July 2017, Iso Tech Group entered into a JV Consortium with Power China Resources & Taylor Power Environmental Company to Build, Own and Operate a 307 MW supercritical coal-fired Independent Power Plant (IPP) and related infrastructure in Barisal District, Bangladesh, under a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with the Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB).
According to Transparency International Bangladesh, BPDB signed the agreement for the power plant without getting proper clearance from the environment department. The plant is planned near the Tengragiri reserve forest in Barguna.
- Sponsor: ISO Tech Group, China Resources Power
- Parent company: ISO Tech Group, Power China, Taylor Power Environmental Company
- Location: Taltoli, Barguna district, Barisal division
- Coordinates: 23.3287, 90.9483 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Gross Capacity: 307 MW
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source: Imported
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Case Study," Iso Tech website, accessed Dec 2017
- "Banshkhali Power Plant," Iso Tech Group, accessed Feb 2018
- "Power plant near reserve forest evokes concern: PDB signs 25-year PPA with pvt co," FE Report, May 08, 2018