Virginia Bottomley is the Baroness Bottomley of Nettlestone and a member of the House of Lords, and the wife of Member of Parliament Peter Bottomley. She formerly served as Secretary of State for National Heritage, under John Major, as and a Conservative Party MP.
While in Parliament, she served as an officer of the following parliamentary groups:
- Childhood and Adult Sexual Abuse APPG
- Pharmaceutical Industry APPG
- Social Science and Policy APPG
- Tourism APPG
- Town and Country APPG
- Director, Bupa
- Chancellor, University of Hull
- Council, London School of Economics
- Advisory Trustee, International Business Leaders Forum 
- Trustee, The Economist newspaper
- Governor, Ditchley Foundation 
- Patron, Volunteering England 
Register of Members Interests
1. Remunerated directorships
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Akzo Nobel; Dutch multinational company.
- International Resources Group Ltd. (Odgers Ray and Berndston); executive recruitment consultancy.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
- Partner: Odgers Ray and Berndtson.
6. Overseas visits
- October 2002, to Canada, to address Ditchley Conference on future of health care funding. Travel and accommodation paid for by Ditchley Foundation. (Registered 22 October 2002)
8. Land and Property
- Income from house sharing in London and occasional holiday letting of properties in Isle of Wight and Surrey.