Beacon Hill Resources
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Mozambique and coal|
According to the company's website, Beacon Hill Resources is an AIM listed coking coal producer focused on building and developing a portfolio of resource assets with near term production potential in commodities associated with the steel industry. The company operates and office in Mozambique, but has headquarters in the United Kingdom.
In April 2013 Platts reported that Beacon Hill Resources reported in its quarterly activities report that it had reached an agreement with the Mozambican government "allowing the government a 5% equity stake in the Minas Moatize coking coal project and giving it the option to acquire another 10% interest at fair market price." The company stated that in April it had signed a mining contract with the government which would "enhance the stability of the fiscal and regulatory environment for a period of 25 years."
In 2012 Beacon Hill Resources produced just 54,432 mt of saleable coal. The company reported that it had negotiated a rail access agreement with logistics company Portos e Caminhos de Ferro de Mocambique to receive 500,000 mt/year rail capacity on the Sena railway to Beira Port.
Articles and Resources
- "Global Coke Off-Take Agreement" Beacon Hill Website, accessed December 8, 2011.
- "Beacon Hill sees first Mozambique coal exports this year" Agnieszka Flak, Reuters, November 18, 2011.
- "Beacon Hill enters into mining contract with Mozambican government", Platts, April 30, 2013.
Related SourceWatch articles
- International Energy Agency, "Coal in Mozambique in 2006", International Energy Agency website, accessed August 2009.
- U.S. Geological Survey, "The Mineral Industry of Mozambique", reports 1994-2007,
- Thomas R. Yager, "The Mineral Industry of Mozambique: 2007, U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, February 2009.
- "Riversdale wants to start coal mining in Benga, Mozambique in 2011", Macauhub, July 20, 2009.
- Jacqueline Holman,"Beacon Hill enters into mining contract with Mozambican government", Platts, April 30, 2013.