Bernard L. Schwartz
Bernard L. Schwartz "is chairman and CEO of BLS Investments, LLC. Mr. Schwartz retired in March 2006 after 34 years as chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL), headquartered in New York City...
"Over the years, Mr. Schwartz has been recognized for his views and counsel on matters ranging from economic growth and industrial policy to technology and national security, which he has provided through speeches, white papers and testimony to private research institutions, educators and congressional committees.
"Mr. Schwartz has established permanent programs at the following institutions: New School University, New York City: the Center for Economic Policy Analysis and a Chair in Economics and Policy. Serves as vice chairman of the board of trustees of New School University. Mr. Schwartz also has established a matching grant merit scholarship fund at the New School's Lang College.
- Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) at Johns Hopkins University, Washington, DC: Chair in Political Economy and the Forum on Constructive Capitalism. Serves on the SAIS Advisory Council.
- New America Foundation, an independent, non-partisan public policy institute based in Washington, DC: Fellowship Program in public policy. Serves on its Board of Directors.
- Council on Foreign Relations: Business and Foreign Policy Fellows Program and lecture series. Serves as a member of the Council.
- The Brookings Institution, Washington, DC: Chair in International Economics, 2005.
- Tel Aviv University, Israel: Program and Chair in Free Markets and Political Freedom.
- Baruch College, New York City: Communication Institute. Serves as a Trustee of the Baruch College Fund.
"Mr. Schwartz serves as a trustee of New York University Hospitals Center, and in 2004, established the Neurointerventional Radiology Center at NYU's Tisch Hospital. Since 1986, Mr. Schwartz has supported a humanistic medicine program at NYU established in his name and, more recently, helped to found the NYU Urological Research Foundation.
"In 1997, he funded a distinguished chair in urologic oncology at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
"At the New York Historical Society, Mr. Schwartz is a member of the board, sponsors the Distinguished Speakers Series and funds a collaborative program between the Society and the New School that provides for two post-doctoral Fellows in American History and four summer internships. He also serves as vice chairman of the New York Film Society, and is a trustee of Thirteen/WNET Educational Broadcasting Corporation. Mr. Schwartz is a founding member of City Year, New York, a national, non-profit youth service organization.
"Mr. Schwartz is a trustee of Third Way, a progressive advocacy organization. In addition, he is a trustee of the Democratic Leadership Council and chairman of the editorial board of advisors of Blueprint, the Council's flagship publication that examines the key issues facing the nation in the 21st century." 
- Advisory Board, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis 
- Member, Democracy Alliance
- Advisory Board, Democracy: A Journal of Ideas 
- Life Trustee, WNET