Bhaiso power station
Bhaiso power station is a proposed 1200 megawatt (MW) coal plant in Chhattisgarh state, India.
The map below shows the location of Pamgarh tahsil in Janjgir-Champa district, but not the exact location of the project.
In February 2008 KVK Power & Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd., a subsidiary of KVK, signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the government of Chhattisgarh for developing a 600 MW project. On its website, KVK reports that it is proposing to develop the project in two phases of 600 MW each. The company has identified and made application for 1200 acres of land. Chhattisgarh has allocated 21 million cubic meters per annum of water from Shivnath river. Application has been made for coal linkage for 600 MW to the Ministry of Coal. The company has applied to the Airports Authority for chimney height clearance and has appointed a consultant to prepare a draft EIA report and obtain Terms of Reference (ToR) from the Ministry of Environment and Forests.
As of August 2014, the company describes the status of the project as follows:
- MoU proposed to be enhanced to 1,200 MW and project to be developed in 2 phases of 600 MW each
- MoU provides for supply of 5% of net power at variable cost and 30% of power at regulated tariff (as determined by the Appropriate Commission)
- Project Location - Bhaiso village, Janjgir-Champa, Chhattisgarh
- Land Acquisition - 1,200 acres identified and application made for allotment of land
- Water Resources Department, Chhattisgarh has allocated 21 million cubic meter p.a. of water from Shivnath river
- Application for coal linkage for 600 MW has been made to MoC; Govt. of Chhattisgarh (Department of Energy) recommended for fuel linkage
- Power to be evacuated through PGCIL's 400 kV line. Necessary application has been made to PGCIL and fee towards cost of design study has been remitted
- Consultant appointed for preparing draft EIA report and obtaining TOR from MoEF
- Applied to Airports Authority of India for NOC for Chimney height clearance
However, as of 2015 the project has yet to receive environmental clearance.
Sponsor: KVK Power & Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
Location: Bhaiso village, Pamgarh taluk, Janjgir-Champa district, Chhattisgarh
Coordinates: 21.87841, 82.451637 (approximate)
Nameplate capacity: 1200 MW (2 phases, each 600 MW)
Projected in service:
Estimated annual CO2: 7,096,441 tons
Source of financing:
Resources and articles
- "Future Projects," KVK, accessed August 2014