Bianca Jagger former wife of musician Mick Jagger.
"Bianca Jagger was keynote lecturer at St Paul’s Cathedral for the Bar Human Rights Committee for England and Wales, in 2001, where her speech on the subject of Justice vs. Revenge was widely acclaimed. On 16 December 2003, Bianca Jagger was appointed Council of Europe’s Goodwill Ambassador against the Death Penalty. On 24 February 2010, she delivered a keynote speech at the opening ceremony of the 4th Annual Congress against the Death Penalty at the UN in Geneva. On October 10th 2009 Ms Jagger gave a lecture at the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation at Columbia University. During 2009 and 2010 she presented working papers at the Summer Session of the Salzburg Law School, and the Council of Europe’s 5th Summer University for Democracy in Strasbourg. She also gave a keynote speech to the German Ecumenical Kirchentag in Munich...
"Ms. Jagger was Chair of the World Future Council and served on the Advisory Board of the Coalition for International Justice. She was a member of the Twentieth Century Task Force to Apprehend War Criminals and a Board member of People for the American Way and the Creative Coalition." 
- Chair, Bianca Jagger Human Rights Foundation
- Council member, Global Restoration Council 
- Executive Committee (Chair), World Future Council 
- Director, Global Urban Development 
- Member, Human Rights Watch Americas Advisory Committee
- Advisory Council, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
- Advisory Board, Earth Charter International 
- Advisory Board, Creative Coalition 
- Linked to the Balkan Action Committee
- Patron, Kurdish Human Rights Project 
- Honorary Member, Club of Budapest: Members
- Honorary Director, Amazon Watch 
- Member, World Future Council
- Supporter, Survival International
- Advisory Board (former member), Coalition for International Justice 
According to Toni Solo: "On June 16th  the Nicaraguan centre-right newspaper El Nuevo Diario published a letter  from various well known people calling for the Nicaraguan coalition government, led by the Sandinista FSLN, not to shut down political freedom and to hold a national dialogue to address the food crisis and the high cost of living in Nicaragua." Cosignatories of the letter included Noam Chomsky, Susan Meiselas, Ariel Dorfman, Salman Rushdie, Eduardo Galeano, Hermann Schulz, Juan Geiman, Brian Willson, Tom Hayden, Bianca Jagger, & Mario Benedetti. 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Usha Devi Rathore - Yoga Teacher
- Bianca Jagger, FAS, accessed December 14, 2010.
- World Resources Institute Global Restoration Council, organizational web page, accessed January 25, 2018.
- Executive Committee, World Future Council, accessed January 5, 2009.
- Global Urban Development Board, organizational web page, accessed May 1, 2014.
- Advisors, Earth Charter, accessed February 17, 2009.
- Advisory Board, The Creative Coalition, accessed November 29, 2011.
- Boards, Kurdish Human Rights Project, accessed February 28, 2008.
- 2006 Annual Report, Amazon Watch, accessed September 25, 2008.
- Staff, Coalition for International Justice (Archived page from 2003), accessed June 1, 2010.
- Toni Solo, At Work for John Negroponte?, The Fanonite, June 19, 2008.