Bijao Power Station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Latin America and coal|
Bijao Power Station is a two-unit, 70-megawatt (MW) coal- and oil-fired plant located in Choloma, Honduras. A third 35-MW unit has been announced.
The map below shows the plant, located in Choloma, Cortés, Honduras
The plant was announced in 2013 with an estimated cost of US$125 million. 80% of the electricity generated would be acquired by the National Electricity Company (ENEE), while the remaining 20% would be used by the Cementos del Norte factory in Choloma.
- Sponsor: Bijao Electric Company
- Parent company: Cementos del Norte; Cementos Progreso
- Location: Choloma, Cortés, Honduras
- Coordinates: 15.7033457 -87.9268867 (exact)
- Status: Unit 1-2: Operating (2015; Unit 3: Announced
- Gross Capacity: Unit 1: 35 MW; Unit 2: 35 MW; Unit 3: 35 MW
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: