Burlington Generating Station
Burlington Generating Station is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Alliant Energy near Burlington, Iowa.
The coal plant is planned for retirement in 2020.
The plant is located on the Mississippi River south of Burlington, Iowa.
- Owner: Interstate Power and Light
- Parent Company: Alliant Energy
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 212 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 212 MW (1968)
- Location: 4282 Sullivan Slough Rd., Burlington, IA 52601
- GPS Coordinates: 40.741200, -91.116670
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 1,551,488 tons (2006), 1,480,711.84 tons (2008)
- SO2 Emissions: 4,352.68 tons (2008)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions: 1,042.19 tons (2008)
- Mercury Emissions:
Coal Waste Sites
- Burlington Generating Station Ash Seal Pond
- Burlington Generating Station Economizer Ash Pond
- Burlington Generating Station Lower Ash Pond
- Burlington Generating Station Main Ash Pond
- Burlington Generating Station Upper Ash Pond
Articles and Resources
- Planned retirements, Sierra Club, updated March 14, 2016
- Iowa Operating Permit Application, Title V Annual Emissions Summary
- Iowa Operating Permit Application, Form 5.0, Title V Annual Emissions Summary
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|