The following news and commentary pieces are related to the main SourceWatch article on Burson-Marsteller.
From the Center for Media & Democracy
- "They're Rich, They're Powerful and They're Running Scared", PR Watch, Volume 4, No. 1, First Quarter 1997.
- "How Big Tobacco Helped Create "the Junkman", PR Watch, volume 7, number 3, Third quarter 2000.
- Walter Lamb, "Keep America Beautiful: grassroots non-profit or tobacco front group", PR Watch, volume 8, number 3, Third Quarter 2001.
- Sheldon Rampton, "Terrorism to End Terrorism", PR Watch, volume 8, number 4, Fourth Quarter 2001.
- Carmelo Ruiz , "Burson-Marsteller: PR for the new world order: poisoning the grassroots", Covert Action Quarterly, Spring 1993.
- Global Resistance, "Leeds Students Campaign against PR Company Involvement in the College", May 2001.
- "Ecuador hires BKS&H", O'Dwyers PR Daily, July 24, 2001.
- "ATA turns to B-M", O'Dwyers PR Daily, September 19, 2001.
- "Saudi Arabia hires B-M", O'Dwyers PR Daily, October 5, 2001.
- "B-M says 'no' to federal airport scanner", O'Dwyers PR Daily, November 13, 2001.
- "Philippines seeks investment help from B-M", O'Dwyers PR Daily, December 27, 2001.
- Corporate Watch (UK), "Burson-Marsteller: A Corporate Profile", July 2002, accessed January.
- Burson-Marsteller's Task Force", Mediawatch, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, September 30, 2002.
- "A Guide to Effective Lobbying of the European Commission: Based on a survey of senior Commission Officials", Burson Marsteller and BKSH, Spring 2003.
- Public Relations Society of America, "PRSA Announces 2003 Best of Silver Anvil Award Winners U.S. Postal Service, Presidents Council of State Universities of Michigan Tie for Top Honors", Media Release, June 6, 2003.
- Antony Barnett, "Revealed: how stars were hijacked to boost health company's profits: Famous women have backed an NHS screening test unaware they were being set up by a biotech corporation and its PR agency.", The Observer, January 25, 2004.
- Ian Hall, "B-M to plough ahead with HPV campaign", PR Week, January 30, 2004.
- American Meat Institute, "Public Relations Firms With Crisis Management Capabilities, accessed February 8, 2004.
- "B-M will not sue over HPV article", PR Week, March 19, 2004.
- "Public Relations: Best of the Best," The Hill, June 24, 2004.
- Thom Weidlich, "ANALYSIS The Agency Business : PR firms look to PACs to add structure to political donations," PR Week (sub. req'd.), October 11, 2004.
- Karen Robb, "GSA official may have improperly awarded work to friend?s company", Federal Times, December 6, 2004.
- Jonathan Block, "Burson to handle $4.6m initiative on crisis preparation," PR Week (reg. req'd.), March 31, 2005.
- Jon Yates and Bruce Japsen, "Brookfield Zoo says ads are coincidence: Print, radio push not meant to poke at Lincoln Park woes", Chicago Tribune, May 20, 2005. (Refers to Lincoln Park hiring BM).
- Ian Hall, "Edelman, Burson land global deals with unified Shell", PR Week, Oct 3, 2005. (sub req'd).
- Press release, "Burson-Marsteller Partners with The NewsMarket to Create Proprietary Digital Capability for Clients; Provides Turn-Key Digital Content Delivery to Media and Consumers Globally," July 31, 2006.
- "Masters of deception", Der Spiegel, August 2006. (This is a rough translation of the article, in Word format, originating from the Hamburg office of the PR firm Edelman and posted to the blog of Richard Edelman).
- Jeffrey H. Birnbaum, "A Few Degrees of Separation From Hillary Clinton's Top Adviser", Washington Post, February 20, 2007.
- Ari Berman "Spinning Hillary Centrist," The Nation, May 16, 2007.
- Ari Berman, "Hillary Inc.," The Nation, May 17, 2007 (in June 4, 2007 issue).
- Timothy J. Burger and Kristin Jensen, "Clinton Aide Penn Mixes Campaign Role, Advocacy for Companies," Bloomberg News, May 24, 2007.
- "Colombia to honor Bill Clinton amid growing Democrat scrutiny," The Associated Press, May 24, 2007.
- "Burson to Guide Climate Action Group," O'Dwyer's PR Daily (sub req'd), June 8, 2007.
- Ben Smith, "Defending the subprime lenders," The Politico, October 3, 2007. re Countrywide Financial
- Michael Roston, "Crossed Power Lines: Clinton Opposes Energy Project Promoted By Top Strategist's Firm," The Huffington Post, October 18, 2007.
- Muriel Kane, "Blackwater PR firm aided Chalabi; Works to polish AT&T's image," The Raw Story, October 23, 2007. re BKSH
- Press release, "Influential African-American Consumers More Likely to Network Professionally Online, Less Likely to Engage in Web-Based Social Networking, Study Finds," Burson-Marsteller via Business Wire, December 4, 2007.
- Ted McKenna, "Burson aims with Hughes hire to build "bipartisan" counsel", PR Week (US), July 11, 2008.
- Rachel Maddow, "AIG's Image Problem", "The Rachel Maddow Show”, MSNBC, March 5, 2009.
- Rose Gordon, "Penn defends firm post-Maddow show", PR Week, March 7, 2009.
- Lloyd G. Carter, "The PR Firm from Hell," as published in the Fresno Community Alliance newspaper, June 30, 2009.