Can Duoc power station (KEPCO and Vinakobalt)
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Vietnam and coal|
Can Duoc power station (KEPCO and Vinakobalt) is a proposed 1,600-megawatt (MW) coal plant in Long An province, Vietnam.
The map below shows the approximate location where the plant would be built in Cần Đước district, Long An province.
According to press reports in 2015, the Ministry of Industry and Trade is seeking approval from the government to build a US$3.1 billion 1,600 MW coal plant in Cần Đước district, Long An province. The project would be built under a BOT (build, operate, transfer) arrangement by Korean Electric Power Corporation and Vinakobalt Long An. With no progress in over two years, including no mention in Vietnam's long-range planning documents, it appears that the project is shelved.
- Sponsor: Korean Electric Power Corporation and Vinakobalt Long An
- Parent company: Korean Electric Power Corporation and Vinakobalt Long An
- Location:Cần Đước district, Long An province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 10.539167, 106.609167 (approximate)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross Capacity: 1,600 MW (Units 1 & 2: 800 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Major coal-fired power plant near Ho Chi Minh City likely," Thanhiennews, October 9, 2015