|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Political Violence
"The Handa Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Political Violence (CSTPV) is dedicated to the study of the causes, dynamics, characteristics and consequences of terrorism and related forms of political violence. In doing so, it is committed to rigorous, evidence-based, scholarly analysis that is policy-relevant but independent. Founded in 1994, the Centre is Europe's oldest for the study of terrorism. CSTPV has been able to expand its research and teaching work as the result of a generous recent donation from the Worldwide Support for Development (WSD), chaired by Japanese philanthropist Dr Haruhisa Handa." 
Mission Statement: The Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Political Violence (CSTPV) was established in 1994. It aims to investigate the roots of political violence, to develop a body of theory spanning its various disparate elements, and to study the impact of violence, and responses to it, at societal, governmental, and international levels.
Accessed January 2011: 
- Paul Wilkinson - Chairman of CSTPV Advsory Board
- Carl Bildt - former Swedish Prime Minister and UN Envoy for the Balkans
- Scott L.Campbell - CEO, Washington Policy and Analysis
- Jayantha Dhanapala - Former UN Under Secretary General for Disarmament, now Senior Advisor to the President of Sri Lanka
- Giandomenico Picco - former UN Assistant to Secretary General, now CEO of GDP Associates
- Ali Watson, Head of School of International Relations
- Martha Crenshaw - Professor of Government, Wesleyan University
- Brian Jenkins - Senior Consultant to President of Rand Corporation, Santa Monica
- Magnus Ranstorp - Research Director of the Centre for Asymmetric Threat Studies at the Swedish National Defence College
- Guy Sanan - Richemont International
- M.J. Gohel - CEO of the Asia Pacific Foundation, London
Resources and articles
- Powerbase article
- Research Institute for the Study of Conflict and Terrorism
- Janusian Security Risk Management Ltd.
- Rohan Gunaratna
- Richard English - Director of CSTPV
- Jonathan Evans, Baron Evans of Weardale - Honorary Professor
- Bruce Hoffman - Professor of Terrorism Studies
- Roddy Brett - Lecturer
- Advisory Council, Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Political Violence, accessed January 20, 2011.